Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AFLW R10 2023: Fremantle v Sydney Swans, 5.05pm EDT Sun 5 Nov Fremantle Oval

Veterans List
    OMG we are playing finals!!! I was just hoping to see our first win...and we won 6!

I wasn't able to watch the match so my brother kept sending me updates. (Interesting fact...we have only lost 1 match when I haven't watched live. That was against Carlton, which we should have won. The bad news is that I will be watching the Final live!)

When my brother said that Freo was incorrectly denied a goal when the ball hit the goal umpire, I thought it was going to be the Adelaide game all over again and we wouldn't hear the end of it. Luckily in the end it didn't matter.

I think it was a good thing that I couldn't watch the game. I would have been so stressed out! I can't wait to see the match and see our reaction to the win. Hopefully there is post match coverage this time !

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    OMG we are playing finals!!! I was just hoping to see our first win...and we won 6!

I wasn't able to watch the match so my brother kept sending me updates. (Interesting fact...we have only lost 1 match when I haven't watched live. That was against Carlton, which we should have won. The bad news is that I will be watching the Final live!)

When my brother said that Freo was incorrectly denied a goal when the ball hit the goal umpire, I thought it was going to be the Adelaide game all over again and we wouldn't hear the end of it. Luckily in the end it didn't matter.

I think it was a good thing that I couldn't watch the game. I would have been so stressed out! I can't wait to see the match and see our reaction to the win. Hopefully there is post match coverage this time !
    I had something I had to do at 3/4 time so I recorded the last quarter. At 7pm, I checked the result and then revelled in the last quarter.

WEEK ONE FINALS FIXTURE

SATURDAY NOVEMBER 11

First Qualifying Final
    Adelaide v Brisbane, 2.35pm local (3.05pm AEDT), Norwood Oval

First Elimination Final
    Gold Coast v Sydney, 6.15pm local (7.15pm AEDT), Heritage Bank Stadium

SATURDAY NOVEMBER 12

Second Elimination Final
    Geelong v Essendon, 1.05pm AEDT, GMHBA Stadium

Second Qualifying Final
    Melbourne v North Melbourne, 3.05pm AEDT, Ikon Park

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    It is a great result to be playing finals after last season's winless season.

It has to be said though that Sydney's fixture was a little soft, with a lot of games against middle teams and only one against a top-four team. If Sydney had played every other team, the number of wins would not be much greater than six (eight wins would be par, but still a good effort).

Top 8 teams played: Brisbane (55-point loss), Geelong (27-point loss).
    Top 8 teams not played: Adelaide, Melbourne, North Melbourne, Gold Coast, Essendon.

Bottom 10 teams played: All the sides from 11th to 18th (6 wins, 2 losses).
    Bottom 10 teams not played: St Kilda, Richmond.

But to put it more positively, most of the teams 11th to 18th finished there because Sydney defeated them.

This is one reason why I want to see every AFLW team playing every other team once during the home and away season. I understand that may not happen next season. If a complete round robin cannot be fixtured, an alternative is a 12-match season where teams not played are in three bands (1st to 6th, 7th to 12th and 13th to 18th): one team from the same band is not played and two from the others. This creates a 4-4-4 fixture for all teams and is reasonably balanced.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

And if we manage to win, we play the loser of Adelaide and Brisbane. Which is a reasonable chance, since Charlie Rowbottom is probably their best player and she will be out injured.

And speaking of injuries, I don't suppose that there's a chance that Ally Morphett could return? I mean, when they said that she'd be out for the season, they might not have been thinking of finals?

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    So, did anyone expect a finals spot at the start of the season?
    I was one of the more confident about the women on RWO before the season started, but this is just a phenomenal efforet.
    And yes I realise our draw turned out to feature a lot of clubs at the bottom of the ladder, but the women have had a fantastic season so far.
    Privitelli is probbly the most dependable shot for goal at the club - she should tutor some of the men.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Pushing for Selection
    Great scenes at the final siren.

Another strong Tanya Kennedy game (eh Liz?) topped off with the kick for the crucial Lochland goal (great to see the players get around her for that). Gardiner so good again, Tarrant too, special mentions for Eliza Vale coming in and doing well and Lisa Steane who put in a strong effort despite a knee issue.

The GC mids will be hard to counter even without CR but let's see what the Swans can come up with.

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    I do love how Freo crowd was just 2,271, whilst the week before we had 5,700 at Henson Park.

Strong both on and off the field!
    doof-doof

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    I had something I had to do at 3/4 time so I recorded the last quarter. At 7pm, I checked the result and then revelled in the last quarter.
    Would've been a stress-free and very enjoyable watch!

Senior Player
    True. Sometimes do it with the mens team. If we lose, immediately delete!

Just watched women's coach press conference. Impressive, calm guy who appears to have very good communication and people skills.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    I do love how Freo crowd was just 2,271, whilst the week before we had 5,700 at Henson Park.

Strong both on and off the field!
    Also seemed like a pretty good contingent of Swans fans at the Freo game as well.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    I was one of the more confident about the women on RWO before the season started, but this is just a phenomenal efforet.
    And yes I realise our draw turned out to feature a lot of clubs at the bottom of the ladder, but the women have had a fantastic season so far.
    Privitelli is probbly the most dependable shot for goal at the club - she should tutor some of the men.
    I assessed the fixture before the season began with analysis showing that Sydney had some winnable games after the Brisbane game in round 3. I expected Sydney to end 3-7 or 4-6. 6-4 was better than I expected. Games that defied my pre-season expectations with wins: GWS, Western Bulldogs, Collingwood. 50-50 games we won: Fremantle. 50-50 games we lost: Carlton, Hawthorn.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast