Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AFLW Semi 2023: Adelaide v Sydney Swans 7.45pm EDT Saturday 18th Norwood Oval

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Absolute hogwash those last two minutes.

Some nice home town umpiring and some lucky bounces got Adelaide out of trouble then. First a player clearly dragged it in and should of got pinged, then other player dropped it utterly cold but somehow a Crows free kick. What on earth?

Should be less than 2 goals down not 4.
    Like to see it again, but on first impressions, the only free there seemed to be holding the ball.

Veteran Site Admin
    There are a few things I don't understand about that last 30 seconds. Firstly, I'm not sure why it wasn't a free to Beruldsen, rather than against here. The Adelaide player seemed to be clearly in possession when she was tackled.

But then I don't get why Beruldsen didn't realise it wasn't her free. Or none of her team mates realised and stopped her kicking it.

To then concede a goal on the siren was a real bummer. We're clearly being outclassed in most aspects of the game, but were just hanging in there on the scoreboard. Or maybe not quite hanging in there, but just about within striking distance if we could find something different in the second half.

The Swans are trying to apply the pressure they did last week, but the Crows are just so much better than the Suns at dodging, evading tackles, running in support etc etc.

I am happy to see that someone can say the tackle held on too long. But that was subsequent to an Adelaide player getting pinged for one of the most blatant holding the balls you'll ever see. Got tackled and simply dropped it. The second incident totally irrelevant if the campaigners were doing their job and umpiring the game properly.

The about a minute before was similar. Adelaide player clearly dragged it in and should have been pinged for HTB well before the tackle got anywhere near the dangerous stage.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    There are a few things I don't understand about that last 30 seconds. Firstly, I'm not sure why it wasn't a free to Beruldsen, rather than against here. The Adelaide player seemed to be clearly in possession when she was tackled.

But then I don't get why Beruldsen didn't realise it wasn't her free. Or none of her team mates realised and stopped her kicking it.

To then concede a goal on the siren was a real bummer. We're clearly being outclassed in most aspects of the game, but were just hanging in there on the scoreboard. Or maybe not quite hanging in there, but just about within striking distance if we could find something different in the second half.

The Swans are trying to apply the pressure they did last week, but the Crows are just so much better than the Suns at dodging, evading tackles, running in support etc etc.
    Shocking decision against us and 2 goal swing just when we were hitting our straps. Should be 11 instead of 23. Mind you, we would've been miles behind if they'd kicked straight.

Veterans List
    The hometown umpiring is getting ridiculous....I don't think that tackle was dangerous at all.

And the nonsense umpiring continues. Another call completely ignoring the fact the player should have been pinged for incorrect disposal (not disputing the tackle arguably went on too long). Clear only one side matters in the eyes of the maggots.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    The commentators are so full of poo.....just going with the Crows flow. So dumb.

Shame we couldn't covert a couple of those good chances we had in that quarter. We continue to fight hard despite being outclassed. But what a year of growth for the team it has been.

Senior Player
    We played well in the last 5 minutes of that quarter. The heat and physicality of the Crows has been a very big step up from the last few weeks.

Veteran Site Admin
    At least they've realised we have two helmets out there, and stopped calling "Newman" every time Hamilton touches the ball or lays a tackle. However, they're keeping up with their amazement at the Crows' dominance in the ruck, not acknowledging that we don't actually have a proper ruckman available.

I like the fact they're still having a dip, despite being outclassed and outsized. Shame we couldn't craft a goal in that last five minutes when we managed to keep the ball in our forward line for an extended period.

Tarrant is having a cracker. She's largely responsible for preventing the margin getting from disappointing to embarrassing.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Having Shepperd and Kennedy in the middle has not worked, Gowans should have gone to plan B.
    We could have done with a ruck too.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    At least they've realised we have two helmets out there, and stopped calling "Newman" every time Hamilton touches the ball or lays a tackle.
    Nope he's still calling her Newman.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast