Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: AFL Sydney 2024 - What's the Buzz

Almost Football Legend

AFL Sydney 2024 - What's the Buzz

A few changes. South-West Sydney go into Mens Prems. St George to Womens Prems.
    Platinum is gone, divisionalisation is back. And no doubt plenty of coach & player movement.

Any news? Hot goss? Who will be tbe contenders in 2024?

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Norris, we heard on this forum that your Bombers are on the lookout for a new coach - any news yet ?

Almost Football Legend
    Ryan Meldrum is back at the helm at North Shore, and he's joined by Danny Roberts as co-coach. Both have been around North Shore for a long time.

St George announced their Men’s and Women’s Premier Division coaches. They’ve done well to get Abe Caroca from the Swans Academy

New division structure seems to be balanced well. Good for footy below the Premier level.

PK - anyone else. Can you share the new division structure for those not in the know?

Reverting back to the old divisional structure that was in place up until 2018.

Men’s Div 1 through 4 will be 9/10 team competitions, which is surprising to me in a positive manner. As anticipated, Men’s Div 5 is loaded with 14 teams - good luck doing up a fair and equitable draw across 17 rounds!

If you have Facebook, look up the Wollondilly Knights page and they have published the teams that have nominated for each division, male and female. This excludes the new U20’s competition.

Jets with two teams, as much as I dislike them on the field, good to see them revive their numbers back for 2024, congrats to those involved.

With some teams having more than at least 2 divisions between their 1s and 2s, it will make for some interesting player movements across the year.
    Balmain D1(1) & D5(2)
    Randwick D2(1) & D5(2)
    Penrith D2(1) & D5(2)

Out of the loop with WPD, I could have sworn Inner West were in Prems a minute ago, what's happened there in the last few years?

Almost Football Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by mrns View Post
    Jets with two teams, as much as I dislike them on the field, good to see them revive their numbers back for 2024, congrats to those involved.
    And a womens team as well for the first time. Things are looking good in the north-west.

Out of the loop with WPD, I could have sworn Inner West were in Prems a minute ago, what's happened there in the last few years?
    They didn't field a team in Prems this year - their only team was in Div 2, and weren't anywhere near the finals.

Well, did we do something to hurt you?

We have nominated extra teams and have some work to do, but the intention is there and the league are being very supportive.

Interesting to see power dropping to womens div 2. I thought they wanted to stay in prems? Obviously that made no sense, but I would have thought they pushed for div 1.

Are Balmain, Camden and Parra the pick of the platinum teams (apart from SWS who go to prems)? Mustve been a few years ago Power were doing well because they will have their firsts in div 2. I thought penrith was decent too?

Ece get another mens team. SWS get 4 mens teams. Did North shore have 7 last year or always 6? Nothing else really jumps at me.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast