Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: AFL Sydney 2024 - What's the Buzz

Almost Football Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by counterfeit View Post
    I know in some associations in not only footy but other codes that a monetary fine system in entering scores by a certain time period, is there such thing in Sydney AFL? In some instances I’ve seen you could also get deducted points from the ladder.
    There are provisions in the by-laws for it. In practice you wouldn't penalise a club for a first offence - there may be extenuating circumstances.
    But it shouldn't take hours to put the score in. You can look after quarter by quarter splits, goals and bests later. But we've all got smartphones these days, and it only takes a few seconds on your phone to post the final score.

In theory you're supposed to do the PlayHQ live scoring for Prems games and are encourged to for other divisions. For streaming games, the broadcasters look after that. But only a couple of clubs do.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    hey, is the stream not working or is it an 'operator error' ?
    I couldn't get it working on Friday night.

If the engagement on this forum is aligned with off-field support, Sydney AFL is @@@@@@!!!

How can the last years' Premiers be beaten by the side that finished last and it does not get a mention - it should have its own thread. If this happened in any other league there would literally be 100s of comments.

There is not even an article on the AFL Sydney Website - seriously. While on-field playing numbers and standards look to be improving this has me questioning what is happening off field at so many levels.

Almost Football Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wills View Post
    If the engagement on this forum is aligned with off-field support, Sydney AFL is @@@@@@!!!

How can the last years' Premiers be beaten by the side that finished last and it does not get a mention - it should have its own thread. If this happened in any other league there would literally be 100s of comments.

There is not even an article on the AFL Sydney Website - seriously. While on-field playing numbers and standards look to be improving this has me questioning what is happening off field at so many levels.
    I did throw out the "biggest boilover ever" line to try to get something going. Maybe not quite, but when a team that's won one game in the last two seasons knocks off the reigning back-to-back premiers, it's certainly a turnaround.
    I wasn't there, I was timekeeper and doing the PlayHQ at another ground. I'm not doing the match reports any more - mainly because I'm too busy with other commitments in life; but also because I can't be in 5 places at once and don't want to pretend that I can any more. Not sure if the Streamer team are doing match reports this year - they've done them for the last couple of years.
    I'd have loved to have streamed replays when I was doing the match reports; would have saved me from a few howlers when writing reports of games I hadn't seen lol.
    I'm doing the preview column for the AFL Sydney website again this year, but happy to let someone else take over the match reviews. But I'd love to see some.

Worked fine for me, both Friday night and Sat. Streamer seems good, not kayo but still good.

Hi Norris - I would never have "a go" a you. You are one of the few shining lights in the footy in Sydney who actually cares about the game and not just their own club.

I am just so disappointed that the care for the league up here seems to have dropped off so much in recent years.

All I can say is bring back Matt Graham.

Looks like a tough welcome back to prems for SWS BLUES
    Have they gone up to early ?

Quote Originally Posted by Beachboy View Post
    Looks like a tough welcome back to prems for SWS BLUES
    Have they gone up to early ?
    130 pts in round 1, followed by 86 pts in round 2 to a side that lost by 63 pts the week before. Could be a challenging year. Their draw is a bit rough too. Playing UNSW in round 17 at Henson and NS at Gore Hill in round 18. That might be a rough couple of weeks. Get the feeling they’re prepared to do the hard yards though. Hope they don’t fall into the trap of trying to buy their way through it

Top day at Picken yesterday...a fine example of Sydney footy at its best.
    Moving ceremony - I'm not big on 'Welcome To Country' speeches but that local elder set the bar high for those who follow. Not big either on primary-school kids giving speeches but those two did a great job.
    Lots of volunteers from the Magpies (which had a good look about it). The footy was brutal and contested and the Magpies can feel that they played better than the final score made it look.
    That ground is so pretty on a sunny day like that, pink cockatoos adding to the colour and, best of all, the Dim Sims and Magpie Burgers were to die for.

It's one of the best days on our footy calendar and we were all so proud to be a part of it...

Well done to you, Wests !!

Almost Football Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    Top day at Picken yesterday...a fine example of Sydney footy at its best.
    Moving ceremony - I'm not big on 'Welcome To Country' speeches but that local elder set the bar high for those who follow. Not big either on primary-school kids giving speeches but those two did a great job.
    Lots of volunteers from the Magpies (which had a good look about it). The footy was brutal and contested and the Magpies can feel that they played better than the final score made it look.
    That ground is so pretty on a sunny day like that, pink cockatoos adding to the colour and, best of all, the Dim Sims and Magpie Burgers were to die for.

It's one of the best days on our footy calendar and we were all so proud to be a part of it...

Well done to you, Wests !!
    I was in Canberra on Thursday & didn't get to see it; but Inner West Magpies always do a great job with the ANZAC commemorations. As you said, one of the best days on the AFL Sydney calendar.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345