Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Pre Season

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Five tips to improve your own 2km time trial

Bloody hell

I have never seen such an intent large group behind the top2 or 3 runners

BJ, Gulden, Lloyd, Indhi, JJ, Cor Warner all together almost just behind Fox, Cleary and Jmac

That is almost 10 guys around that 6min to 6min 15 seconds for the 2km.............amazing !!!!!!
    The one that caught my eye in the top 10 was Campbell - basically finishing alongside two renowned runners in Errol and Lloyd.

As mentioned on here before, Campbell's had to develop his tank and that result suggests he keeps doing so. I thought he was good to very good last year, and his final against Carlton one of his better games.

But he hasn't yet dominated a game, the way a Chad or Errol can. I wouldn't be surprised based on his trajectory so far if this is the year he starts to do so on occasions. Same with Logan.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    A healthy list has quality depth.

Any posters getting to training?
    Is that possible (getting to training)? Anyone have times/venues where one can watch?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Haven't got obvious retirements looming either, so competition will be fierce, injuries aside, for senior berths. In all discussions so far, no mention of Sam Reid who injuries aside is best 22 if fit.

Fingers crossed this might be the opportunity to genuinely rest players during the season so we hit finals healthy rather than limping in, as we've done with a few campaigns in the last decade.
    Agree with you on Reid.....and you're right, with our healthy depth, some 2022 Geelong style player management may be in order.....we'll see how things unfold.

After reading that Bailey Smith has done an acl injury at training, do other posters worry that our players have serious injuries during pre season training? I know that can’t be wrapped up in cotton wool but it doesn’t stop worrying.

Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    After reading that Bailey Smith has done an acl injury at training, do other posters worry that our players have serious injuries during pre season training? I know that can’t be wrapped up in cotton wool but it doesn’t stop worrying.
    I tend to think that you can't really win a premiership without a good run with injuries. Not just for getting your best players on the field, but also for developing the understanding and teamwork that's necessary, to perform well in a game that's hugely complex. So I am concerned about injuries, but of course, me worrying about injuries has absolutely no effect on whether players get injured or not, so that tends to keep me from stressing too much.

Veterans List
    I'm more worried about non training injuries. Rampe tripping while trying to jump a chain fence. Mills tripping on a drain and Mills wrestling!

I think what that injury does is put the risk front and centre to guys wanting to play the free agency game.

If you are a player wanting to move clubs its the risk you take while you have to wait.

Id say Bailey would have had at least 7yrs at 800k in front of him.
    Anyones guess now

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    I think what that injury does is put the risk front and centre to guys wanting to play the free agency game.

If you are a player wanting to move clubs its the risk you take while you have to wait.

Id say Bailey would have had at least 7yrs at 800k in front of him.
    Anyones guess now
    Not sure what you mean by that, waswan. Can you please elaborate?

ie holding off extending at your current club to wait for FA?

the risk being you could have taken 5 years guaranteed at your current club.........but that could be watered down if injury strikes that compromises a new contract at another club
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    ie holding off extending at your current club to wait for FA?

the risk being you could have taken 5 years guaranteed at your current club.........but that could be watered down if injury strikes that compromises a new contract at another club
    exactly

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Is that possible (getting to training)? Anyone have times/venues where one can watch?
    Anyone got any thoughts about how/when to watch training?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Anyone got any thoughts about how/when to watch training?
    I suspect you need to get lucky to catch them at the moment. They seem to be using Bat & Ball as their main base at the moment (with Lakeside undergoing renovation) but I daresay they can decide to go elsewhere on a whim. Like Centennial Park. And even the time of training could well be flexible at the moment to fit in with the heat.

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast