Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 List Management

Veterans List
    What are our draft needs this year? Remembering these are 18yo's so not likely to impact immediately.

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    Sorry to hear that about Ludwig. I miss his input.
    Please pass on our best wishes

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    What are our draft needs this year? Remembering these are 18yo's so not likely to impact immediately.
    Chances are we'll be taking academy prospect Joel Cochran, who could develop into a decent KPD. Although he has also played forward and midfield. Apart from that, I'd be tempted to go for best available, big bodied, inside mid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Ludwig has macular degeneraion, so that makes it difficult for him to type. Otherwise he is ok and still watches all the games. His short vision is crap.
    All the best ludders.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Ludwig has macular degeneraion, so that makes it difficult for him to type. Otherwise he is ok and still watches all the games. His short vision is crap.
    Pass on our best, Nico.

Plus, he's always been just about the funniest bugger on here. I think he should give you the keys to his account and dictate his posts to you . . .
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Has he considered a late career change to AFL umpire?

And give him my best wishes. Thinking back, I'm pretty sure that he was the first person on this site to engage me in friendly conversation. If it wasn't for that, I probably would have given up after about twenty or thirty uncommented on posts.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    As an aside I struggle to understand some drafting decisions - for example another club bidding on Campbell at 5 and Gulden in the 30s, when I’d say Guldens exposed form was probably better.
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    There were concerns gulden was too small for AFL.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    To be fair to Campbell, he was pretty level with Gulden throughout junior footy. Still think when it clicks for him he will be an absolutely terrific AFL footballer, just hasn't quite got there yet. Gulden has come on so damn fast at senior level though - but I don't think there was that much between the two of them at the time of the draft. Hindsight probably makes it look more surprising than it was (though we definitely got Gulden as a steal that far down the draft!)
    There were concerns about Gulden's size as barry says. My recollection mcs was that there was far greater buzz about Campbell pre-draft, in general and on RWO. The rhapsodizing about Campbell's "lazer-like kicking" got pretty OTT - pretty mjuch drowned out those that had watched the ressies and been blown away at the intelligence of Gulden's foot disposal.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Senior Player
    I think our list is in very good shape with few wants or needs so go for best available at the draft

Maybe another developing KPD is needed but it shouldn’t override best available talent

Veterans List
    I've also much missed Ludwig's contributions. All the best, mate.

Regular in the Side
    Interesting Gettable reporting the Blues have a 6 year deal on the table for Haywood

Weitering Unrestricted FA after next year

No dramas giving Wilbur 6, but he it shouldnt be on top end money

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Dow View Post
    Interesting Gettable reporting the Blues have a 6 year deal on the table for Haywood
    He's pretty much just what Carlton need (though Martin kinda plays the same role?). I don't understand where their salary cap magic pudding keeps finding $ though.