Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 List Management

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dow View Post
    Regarding Logan I live in WA and have heard nothing via the media, not to say both clubs wouldn’t want him. Most of the talk here is about the Eagles chasing English as he’s a free agent and most recent talks is around the wa lad at Richmond as well, the Dockers haven’t been linked to anyone specific just the have 3 first round picks and looking at anyone who’s a local lad.

My mother-in law is a mad Perth fan and she said she has seen Logan training at lathlain park over the preseason and she reckons the Perth lads reckon he will come back to WA for whatever that is worth.
    With all due respect to the Perth lads, I'd say it's not worth all that much...

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Goal Sneak View Post
    I truly hope we haven't tried to stitch him up! Sew him up for sure though

I would also be very surprised if we haven't focussed heavily on clearly communicating with Logan about his future. I suspect the Swans learned a (very costly) lesson from the Dawson situation and would've taken steps to try and reduce the risk of being blindsided like that again.
    I think people may not understand the Dawson situation.

Remember that his last two seasons were Covid lock down seasons which meant Dawson and more importantly his partner couldn't freely go home to SA or have friends and family visit.

I believe he was committed to staying but our offer earlier in his OOC season may have been a little light, therefore we didn't get his signature at that time, only to see the cashed up Cows put much bigger $ on the table, combined with the Covid grind and desire of his partner to be closer to family, once they got back to SA - gone!

Was my favourite player so I was devastated and he's shown since what a loss he's been. Made worse by the Cows robbing us at the trade table. We got the pick that Hawks used on Josh Weddle, from the Hawks we got the Cooper Vickery pick (no pressure on you Cooper) and two picks in last year's draft although I'm not sure how we used those picks, was the second rounder what we gave for Grundy?

Opti-pessi-misti
    Re Jordan Dawson you forgot to mention that Mr R..... mentioned to him, as he personally showed him around the Crows facilities, that he saw him (Dawson) as a future captain of the Crows' team. If I was Jordan's manager I know what I would have advised him to do, and it wouldn't have been to stick to his word to the Swans! No matter how difficult it may have been at the time it was an offer of any sportspersons life time. Would Jordan ever have been chosen as a captain of the Swans or even to be part of the leadership team?

He left a big hole in our team and could have made a big difference to our fortunes last season but I for one am happy for him. We just need to keep our boots on the necks of the Crows - metaphorically speaking of course.

Veterans List
    I don't care what was best for Jordan or how anything unfolded while he was home in cosy SA.....the way he left us after giving the club a guarantee they had nothing to worry about in his exit interview will always stink and he and his Crows can go and **** themselves.

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    I agree with you stevoswan. It affected other list decisions that had to be made to clear salary cap space. If the club had known what Dawson was going to do perhaps George Hewett would still be there.
    When you make a commitment you should honour it.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by BRS328 View Post
    I agree with you stevoswan. It affected other list decisions that had to be made to clear salary cap space. If the club had known what Dawson was going to do perhaps George Hewett would still be there.
    When you make a commitment you should honour it.
    Absolutely.

Tom Langdon - Wikipedia

could he be making a comeback?

moved up to Sydney recently

great friends with Grundy
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

On the veteran's list
    Does anybody have access to today’s Daily Telegraph article about Swans confidence in getting players signed up?
    If so, what are the key points?

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Tom Langdon - Wikipedia

could he be making a comeback?

moved up to Sydney recently

great friends with Grundy
    Would love him in the 2s

Hopefully he can form a partnership with Cunningham in the 2s

Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk

2024 List Management

According to the WA media, Tom Barrass has denied Kinnear Beatson's comments that his management had approached us during the trade period. Reckons he hasn't heard of KB!

At the time i had good AFL PA source confirming we were approached by Tom Barrass management, but then they pulled out.
    Last edited by Meg; 14th February 2024 at 05:46 AM.

Recruiting & Talent Analyst position is advertised on the Swans website. Time for a few experts on here to put their hand up.
    I FEEL THE NEED FOR SPEED!!!!!

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast