Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 414748495051

Thread: 2024 List Management

There has been a bit of talk over the weekend that both Hawthorn and Collingwood are making a late push for Logan, apparently offering up to $200k more per season than we are. Now whilst I do take this with a grain of salt, I also want to say that whilst it may be an unpopular opinion, I don't think we should be overpaying to keep him.

Whilst there is no doubt he will be a good player and possibly very good, what we have seen so far suggests he might not be the elite key forward we are all hoping he could be. Our style of play doesn't rely on a dominant key forward kicking bags of goals and the way the game is moving, to win premierships I would argue saving that extra money to throw at Warner would be more important for us than paying more for Logan (2 of the last 3 premiers lacked a dominant key forward).

Call me cynical but this smells of Hawthorn and Collingwood probably knowing he is keen to stay at the Swans but wanting us as a key rival for premierships over the next few years to fork out as much as possible to create more of a salary cap strain for us moving forward.

Fox has just signed a one year contract extension. I'm happy he's still with us as I think he really brings some flexibility to our squad. I'm still waiting for the big news on Logan. Hopefully it happens soon.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    Fox has just signed a one year contract extension. I'm happy he's still with us as I think he really brings some flexibility to our squad. I'm still waiting for the big news on Logan. Hopefully it happens soon.
    I didn't realise he was 31, one year contract makes sense and as people have stated he's very flexible and has done some pretty handy roles over his journey.

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 414748495051