Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950

Thread: 2024 List Management

Pushing for Selection
    On the news tonight in Perth, Logan is about to sign a long-term contract with the Swans.

Quote Originally Posted by andy0414 View Post
    On the news tonight in Perth, Logan is about to sign a long-term contract with the Swans.
    Yes, a few Perth based social media posts in recent hours suggesting he is set to re-sign with us. This is great news as I feel he has so much potential. Why would you leave a team that is absolutely flying, and a bunch of guys who seem to really be close? This will represent a 100% success rate at re-signing our out of contract players in demand. Now, onto the Chad for 2025!

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by andy0414 View Post
    Great news! Although I always take such stories with a grain of salt until the club announces it, given how much c&€p is put out about the AFL. Still, hopefully it’s tomorrow’s club press release!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    Great news! Although I always take such stories with a grain of salt until the club announces it, given how much c&€p is put out about the AFL. Still, hopefully it’s tomorrow’s club press release!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    Agreed, that it's not done till it's official, but it would seem that the Perth jungle drums are beating, which is a very good sign.

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk

I hope the media talk about McDonald is correct. It would be wonderful to tie him up at this point and remove that conversation/media chatter as a potential issue that could disrupt the rest of the season. Signs are good if it is the Perth media dribblers breaking the story however - almost an admission of defeat it seems.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Injury updates. Notable: Fox is a test for next game, Mills is moving to full training, back surgery for Buller.

Injury Update: Fox a test to return to play

On Fox Footy Mid Week Tackle tonight, it was reported North's"s number 3 pick in the 2020 draft - Will Philips, might be moved on as he"s been playimg mainly in the VFL as a tagger!

Same draft we took Logan at next pick no 4, which we didn't expect he'd be still available. We were likely to pick Denver Grainger-Barras who Hawthorn ended picking up at no.6, who has struggled with injuries & making little senior impact.

Recall David King being irate Noth had overlooked Logan being a KPF they desperately needed & statied Will Philips had to better turn out to be an elite midfielder!

On another draft reflection, i was bemused this week in the lead up to.Dusty's 300th, a couple of footy shows claiming to make revelation that we tried to pinch Dusty from Richmond in the 2009 draft.

I recall it was made well known at the time that both Paul Roos & KB were so impressed with Dusty, that we offered picks 6 & 14 to Richmond their no 3, which they rejected.

Melbourne had picks 1 & 2 selecting Sully & Trengrove respectively. We ended up doing well selecting Rohan & Jetta with 6 & 14 respectively. But had we got Dusty what might've been with Buddy down the track & salary cap super squeeze!!!

On the veteran's list
    A Perth based Sydney supporter who knows Logan's father said that the stories about a deal being done are garbage. Logan wants to stay, but Free have offered a monster deal which Sydney are a fair way off.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Who knows what the real story is. I'd be amazed if McDonald doesn't sign up until whenever he is due for RFA status. Unless the money is absolute miles apart - if he develops as hoped, he will demand huge $ at that point.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    A Perth based Sydney supporter who knows Logan's father said that the stories about a deal being done are garbage. Logan wants to stay, but Free have offered a monster deal which Sydney are a fair way off.
    Doesn’t seem right to me, why would Fremantle have such a large offer on the table ? They have 3 key talls already all performing as good or even better than Logan and they are supposedly heavy into Warner for next year

Quote Originally Posted by Dow View Post
    Doesn’t seem right to me, why would Fremantle have such a large offer on the table ? They have 3 key talls already all performing as good or even better than Logan and they are supposedly heavy into Warner for next year
    I thought the same thing and thought that it was rather odd that they would want another young forward.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dow View Post
    Logan is going to be better than at least two of the three. Plus, if they squeeze us on him, it increases their odds of getting Chad.

Not saying any of it will work and I’m pretty certain Logan will stay. But it makes sense from Freo’s perspective.

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950