Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 List Management

Official AFL Website of the Sydney Swans Football Club. All the latest news, videos, results and information.

Millsy only the calf

He has been fine to do greco roman wrestling at training this week

- - - Updated - - -

Official AFL Website of the Sydney Swans Football Club. All the latest news, videos, results and information.

Millsy only the calf

He has been fine to do greco roman wrestling at training this week
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

How has everyone been finding Will Kelly 194cm defender/forward 96kg and 23yrs of age and son of Pies great Craig Kelly?

and

Phil Moi Moi also 23yrs of age 18cm and 83kg forward pocket

Both are very useful players and have helped our VFL team.

Do you think that Will Kelly may be able to move towards the Swans list next season as a defender?

There are a few players that will drop out or be traded and open up spots......

Vickery?
    Konstanty?
    Buller?
    Arnold?
    Francis?
    Magor?
    Ladhams?
    Sheldrick? (Clearly and Robbo have jumped ahead and we are stacked for the inside mids)
    Hamling?

I've been pleasantly surprised by Moi Moi, but tend to think that Kelly butchers the ball a bit too much.
    Wouldn't really like to make a call on the others. They all have talent, but all need a run of form that's uninterrupted by injury.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I've been pleasantly surprised by Moi Moi, but tend to think that Kelly butchers the ball a bit too much.
    Wouldn't really like to make a call on the others. They all have talent, but all need a run of form that's uninterrupted by injury.
    Id agree with that and say add I don't think they would be an upgrade on any of the listed players we have now

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Although Moi Moi had been on a couple of other VFL lists before he joined us, my understanding is that he hadn't actually played a game at VFL level before this season. If so, I reckon the handful of games he's played for us is not a great sample size to assess his AFL potential. His tendency to fade in the second half of our games (with last weekend being an exception) suggests his fitness base may be a long way short of that required for AFL footy.

Kelly has been underwhelming for us this year given his AFL pedigree. That's not to say he's the worst of our top ups, but just hasn't showed much evidence of the years spent on Collingwood's list (including senior AFL appearances).

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    How has everyone been finding Will Kelly 194cm defender/forward 96kg and 23yrs of age and son of Pies great Craig Kelly?

and

Phil Moi Moi also 23yrs of age 18cm and 83kg forward pocket

Moi Moi is a bit undersized. Maybe he's due to have a growth spurt?

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    AG,
    My understanding is Konstanty, Ladhams, Shelderick and Hamling are all contracted for next year, so you raise some interesting questions on who else will go to create space on the primary list.

Sheldrick was the player selected by other players as the most likely to have a breakout year

Any talk of him moving on sounds ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Sheldrick was the player selected by other players as the most likely to have a breakout year

Any talk of him moving on sounds ridiculous
    Not from a potential perspective..............more so that our list will come under serious heat from other clubs and we will no doubt have to give a little to get what we want with Warner, Macca etc to stay long term.

I suspect that our WA and SA boys will be targeted and overs offered to go back home.

I see Cleary already in his first year joining ahead of Sheldrick,,,,,,,,,along with the Snrs who dominate Heeney, Patch, Mills and Parker etc.........then Robbo could easily move back into the mids if required in 2025/26 after gaining Snr experience in 2024.

The SMH/ Age reporting this morning that Carlton’s offer to Hayward is $650K, well within our capability to match, I would have thought. Also not quite the equal the same newsgroup’s reporting of $850K!
    The usual contract scuttlebutt and flagrant conjecture that goes under the catch-all heading of “football journalism” which permeates the footy media landscape every year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    The SMH/ Age reporting this morning that Carlton’s offer to Hayward is $650K, well within our capability to match, I would have thought. Also not quite the equal the same newsgroup’s reporting of $850K!
    The usual contract scuttlebutt and flagrant conjecture that goes under the catch-all heading of “football journalism” which permeates the footy media landscape every year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The 850k was supposedly an Adelaide offer.

Carlton will have their hands full with Weitering, Saints apparently 8yrs at 1.5.

I believe Carlton will keep Weitering but the "discount" will still be over 1.1mil per year. This with Walsh, Curnow, Mckay somewhere somehow has to add up.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Not from a potential perspective..............more so that our list will come under serious heat from other clubs and we will no doubt have to give a little to get what we want with Warner, Macca etc to stay long term.

I suspect that our WA and SA boys will be targeted and overs offered to go back home.

I see Cleary already in his first year joining ahead of Sheldrick,,,,,,,,,along with the Snrs who dominate Heeney, Patch, Mills and Parker etc.........then Robbo could easily move back into the mids if required in 2025/26 after gaining Snr experience in 2024.
    Cleary has talent no doubt and will get a shot at making it at some point, but to put him a head of Sheldrick no way ! what I have seen from watching the 2s Sheldrick is well ahead and IF an opportunity comes will deserve a chance well ahead of Cleary (who still at the inconsistent stage of development). The one who could and is showing the goods in the 2s to go ahead of Sheldrick is Campbell who since being demoted to the 2s and has been put probably in his preferred position in the middle of the ground and has really Showen what he will eventually give us once a spot opens up.

Pecking order for genuine midfield time:

1. Campbell
    2. Sheldrick
    3. Cleary

Which probably supports your argument strongly AG that WA teams especially the Eagles would target Sheldrick heavily.