Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 List Management

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post

Because Jon Ralph has turned into a clickbait-obsessed fool, I suspect he has deliberately conflated Adelaide being after Wilbur, and Adelaide generally having their next two first round draft picks on the table for the right players.
    Agree about Jon Ralph. Isn't he the one that stirred up the false narrative about Wicks and his teammates after he kicked his second goal?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Swan15 View Post
    Did John Ralph just say on 360 ADL were prepared to offer a 1st and future 1st Rd pick for Will Haywood

Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk
    Adelaide making up for giving us way under for Dawson

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Agree about Jon Ralph. Isn't he the one that stirred up the false narrative about Wicks and his teammates after he kicked his second goal?
    Yes, it was in Monday's HS....he seems to have latched on to that post match Tik Tok post but I've always suspected Ralph has something against us.

In his interview today, Longmire said, in regard to the Wicks story, that the club were "disappointed in the reporting of a longtime journalist". That would be Ralph.

Fox Sports also reported on it online as well. There always seems to be negative Swans stories popping up when the Bloods are on the march and in contention.

I hope Jon Ralph is right about Hayward. I like Will, but he's very much expendable if 2 first rounders are on the table. That would give us 3 picks in the top 25 this year and 2 first rounders in 2025.

We need to move on 1 or 2 first team players to make room for some good players not able to make the team despite Parker Mills and Rampe being out atm, notably Campbell, Sheldrick and Konstanty, with Mitchell, Cleary and Corey Warner making a run for the senior side in the coming year or 2. In the interim, we have a strong midfield which requires frequent rotations forward.

It's more a matter of timing rather than how good a particular player might be. We have a good balance of experience and youth right now. We have to keep refreshing the team to stay on top over a long period of time. If we have another 5 quality draftees coming over the next 2 years, we should have a steady flow of talent coming into the team as veterans like Rampe, Parker and Adams head to retirement.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I hope Jon Ralph is right about Hayward. I like Will, but he's very much expendable if 2 first rounders are on the table. That would give us 3 picks in the top 25 this year and 2 first rounders in 2025.

We need to move on 1 or 2 first team players to make room for some good players not able to make the team despite Parker Mills and Rampe being out atm, notably Campbell, Sheldrick and Konstanty, with Mitchell, Cleary and Corey Warner making a run for the senior side in the coming year or 2. In the interim, we have a strong midfield which requires frequent rotations forward.

It's more a matter of timing rather than how good a particular player might be. We have a good balance of experience and youth right now. We have to keep refreshing the team to stay on top over a long period of time. If we have another 5 quality draftees coming over the next 2 years, we should have a steady flow of talent coming into the team as veterans like Rampe, Parker and Adams head to retirement.
    The Crows will want something extra back if giving two first rounders, such as our 2025 second round pick and third round pick.

Still a good deal for us I reckon.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    The Crows will want something extra back if giving two first rounders, such as our 2025 second round pick and third round pick.

Still a good deal for us I reckon.
    The Crows aren’t trading two first rounders for Hayward. He’s a free agent so they’d hope to get him for nothing (if he chooses them) but if the Swans were to match a bid and force a trade they’re still not trading two first rounders, especially as this year’s pick looks likely to be a top ten pick. They grudgingly coughed up a very late future first round pick for Dawson, who was younger and a much better player than Hayward.

They may have indicated they are willing to trade their next two first round picks. But not specifically for Hayward.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    The Crows aren’t trading two first rounders for Hayward. He’s a free agent so they’d hope to get him for nothing (if he chooses them) but if the Swans were to match a bid and force a trade they’re still not trading two first rounders, especially as this year’s pick looks likely to be a top ten pick. They grudgingly coughed up a very late future first round pick for Dawson, who was younger and a much better player than Hayward.

They may have indicated they are willing to trade their next two first round picks. But not specifically for Hayward.
    Reality check.

If we ended up in a net position of a late teen pick for Hayward I would be staggered.

I hope we keep him

Anyone figured out why we added a 3 week calf to a 7 week shoulder for Mills, to have him out 10 weeks.

Be lying if I said they have been real clear with Mills this year

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Anyone figured out why we added a 3 week calf to a 7 week shoulder for Mills, to have him out 10 weeks.

Be lying if I said they have been real clear with Mills this year
    My guess is that he has started his own "pre-season" training block to develop the fitness necessary to play AFL footy. Sustaining a calf issue has put that on hold because he can't run for a few weeks. So his return has been delayed.

In the injury update video, head trainer Damian Raper explained that Mills won't now able to train next 2 weeks and hence won't able to resume the shoulder contact program he was on.

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    In the injury update video, head trainer Damian Raper explained that Mills won't now able to train next 2 weeks and hence won't able to resume the shoulder contact program he was on.
    Cheers for that

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post

That's what i thought re Hayward being a RFA, so was confused with the talk generated by John Ralph of 2 x 1st rounders being potentially on the table.

Any pick compensation for Hayward would then be determined by the AFL (should we not match bid). Despite the compensation formula being based on length & $$$$ of contract, they tend to offer bigger compensation to bottom clubs than those in top 4 (Hawthorn only got pick 18 for Buddy).

Anyhow this is all speculation at this stage, as i'm also in the keep Hayward camp. Confident he will re-sign for couple years till he is a UFA whist we're in premiership window & is currently in our best 22.