Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 2024 List Management

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I really like the sound of this:

Why Errol Gulden turned down ten-year offer from rival club to stay at Sydney Swans

.....and the articles title and sub heading:

"Cups over cash: Swans ready to salary sacrifice for ultimate prize"

'Errol Gulden says Swans players have discussed sacrificing big-money offers to ensure team success.'

Just love, love, love this!

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Cocky Crows....just because they pinched a South Australian off us and made him captain, they think they can get everyone? You can't have everything Adelaide.
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    The longer Ollie goes the more unlikey he is to stay as I believe the rival Offers will only get bigger and be harder to walk away from, he could definately be sold on a full time mid role.

Hayward we have the right to match and believe we will be able to. To me its less likely a ridiculous offer will come for him.

All my opinion
    I wonder how genuine the Adelaide offer for Gulden was? Did they think they had a realistic chance, or were they just trying to inflate his price - leaving us less salary caup space to fend off an offer for either of our two FA South Australians?
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    I wonder how genuine the Adelaide offer for Gulden was? Did they think they had a realistic chance, or were they just trying to inflate his price - leaving us less salary caup space to fend off an offer for either of our two FA South Australians?
    Not the craziest thinking, be unusual for any team to think they could pull off a trade with a 21 yr old All Australian away from his home state

Shot across the bow

Hayward next

Does GWS and Sydney just send old school VFL new school AFL nuts crazy?

I can only the media articles next few weeks positioning the academies etc as unfair

Top2 that is

With the player market red hot at the moment I cannot help but think we'll have to let one of MacDonald, Florent and Hayward walk.

For mine Logan is clearly the priority and I'd hope we can get him to sign a four year deal to RFA. But it will cost us.

Both Florent and Hayward are valuable players but replaceable. I'd tend towards letting Will walk and think a second round compo pick would be around the mark which would leave is with a nice draft hand.

Yeah keeping Logan needs to be the priority. Want to keep Florent and Hayward but they are replaceable.

Need to keep Warner from the go home factor to the following year. Think he is a real risk.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Yeah keeping Logan needs to be the priority. Want to keep Florent and Hayward but they are replaceable.

Need to keep Warner from the go home factor to the following year. Think he is a real risk.
    Warner is playing with his brother and seems very invested.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Absolutely hope you’re right. Jordan Dawson also said he was happy. Either way, he is a must keep.

Senior Player
    We just have to draft the next Warner brother when he is available

Edit - just looked, Ashton Warner will be 17 this year based on his age at the time of media articles a couple of years ago.

He is listed with the East Fremantle Colts for 2024.

WAFL site however, says he is 18, and only 171 cm and 66kg. I think he is taller than 171 from family photos I have seen.

Averaged 20 disposals last two games in the Colts.

https://wafl.com.au/player/ashton-warner

If we do well this season, we have a late third round draft pick, plus rookie draft, before doing any trades.
    Last edited by Maltopia; 14th April 2024 at 11:17 PM.

Don’t discount privacy and living a normal life as key selling points for the Swans. Saw Callam Mills getting a takeaway coffee with two friends yesterday. No body bothered him and most probably didn’t know who he was.

If Chad goes back to WA he will be become one of the most famous people in Perth and be constantly bothered on his every day errands. I’m sure that gets annoying after a while.

Unless your hoping to break Wilt Chamberlain record for conquests, I don’t see the value of an elite AFL player putting themselves in a fish bowl when everyday life is relaxed and private in Sydney.