Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 List Management

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Take 3: How do people feel about losing Hayward after today? What if we could get Zurhaar as a replacement?
    I tend to doubt that Hayward will go. He's always seemed happy at the club, and as far as I know, him and Florent have still got their alcoholic soft drink business. I think it's called Doozy? Plus him and Longmire also seem to have a pretty strong bond.

And I've never been all that excited by the occasional, but persistent rumours, that Zurhaar for some reason is coming to the Swans. If he's better than the average medium forward, I doubt it'd be by much?

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I tend to doubt that Hayward will go. He's always seemed happy at the club, and as far as I know, him and Florent have still got their alcoholic soft drink business. I think it's called Doozy? Plus him and Longmire also seem to have a pretty strong bond.

And I've never been all that excited by the occasional, but persistent rumours, that Zurhaar for some reason is coming to the Swans. If he's better than the average medium forward, I doubt it'd be by much?
    Zurhaar is one of those players you’d struggle to judge because he’s in such a crap side. Is he a highlight reel with little else, or someone waiting to explode in a good side. Dunno, but am sure he’ll be leaving Norf at the end of the year.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Kinear has a explained many times that they picked Dyl because they were looking for a hybrid inside-outside mid. To my knowledge Serong is an inside mid, full stop.
    Still would have been better....as hindsight has proven.....not that KB had that then....but just the fact that Serong was bloody good, which KB did know (in fact, the whole footy world knew) and that he was also a mad keen Swans supporter makes KB's 'gamble' in the least, puzzling.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Dear lord

I just had a second term chill 😂
    We'll revisit this post after the US election.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Still would have been better....as hindsight has proven.....not that KB had that then....but just the fact that Serong was bloody good, which KB did know (in fact, the whole footy world knew) and that he was also a mad keen Swans supporter makes KB's 'gamble' in the least, puzzling.
    This might almost need its own thread. I think people do need to get over the non-drafting of Serong.

From my memory of St Twomey’s gospel, Stephens was rated more highly than Serong. He just turned out to be a dud. And Serong has massively exceeded expectations.

Veterans List
    This might almost need its own thread. I think people do need to get over the non-drafting of Serong.

From my memory of St Twomey’s gospel, Stephens was rated more highly than Serong. He just turned out to be a dud. And Serong has massively exceeded expectations.
    I think we are over it because we can't change it but are just acknowledging that KB made one of his few errors.....and if you asked him now, he'd likely agree. As I hinted at before, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Re Serong, he probably went to the Dockers determined to prove the Swans wrong for not drafting a rabid fan.....boy has he done that!

I revisited Twomeys draft rankings and I’m totally wrong. He had Serong at 4 and Stephens at 12. So Serong would appear “best available” rather than Stephens.

As an aside I struggle to understand some drafting decisions - for example another club bidding on Campbell at 5 and Gulden in the 30s, when I’d say Guldens exposed form was probably better.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    I think I’ll have to mute the word Serong given what this thread will become over the next week or so given we play Freo

There were concerns gulden was too small for AFL.

Where is Ludwig these days. Swans are a different team with a gun ruckman in 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post

Where is Ludwig these days. Swans are a different team with a gun ruckman in 2024.
    Still around, but a little less gung-ho on the ruck question these days.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post

Ludwig has macular degeneraion, so that makes it difficult for him to type. Otherwise he is ok and still watches all the games. His short vision is crap.

I revisited Twomeys draft rankings and I’m totally wrong. He had Serong at 4 and Stephens at 12. So Serong would appear “best available” rather than Stephens.

As an aside I struggle to understand some drafting decisions - for example another club bidding on Campbell at 5 and Gulden in the 30s, when I’d say Guldens exposed form was probably better.
    To be fair to Campbell, he was pretty level with Gulden throughout junior footy. Still think when it clicks for him he will be an absolutely terrific AFL footballer, just hasn't quite got there yet. Gulden has come on so damn fast at senior level though - but I don't think there was that much between the two of them at the time of the draft. Hindsight probably makes it look more surprising than it was (though we definitely got Gulden as a steal that far down the draft!)
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."