Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: 2024 List Management

Dylan Stephens is looking to be no great loss at this stage

Quote Originally Posted by Dow View Post
    Not sure about the Clarkson comments never heard them myself - but definitely would be a win, win for both sides and norths could use his experience
    "Norths"?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    that may be true but I think any of our players playing in the North side at the moment would be finding it difficult to be winning their position

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I don't say this with any malice as I always liked Dylan, but for a bloke who always seemed nervous and distinctly lacking in confidence, going to a side like North Melbourne was not a wise call.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

The Dogs have an incredible amount of tall forward talent (Naughton, JUH, Lobb, Darcy and Croft).

That’s too much talent to fit into 3 spots.

Looking at that list, should we target Croft? Naughton and JUH will get lifelong contracts, Darcy will always be the father / son of the great Luke.

Croft is a father / son as well but how is he going to fit into this structure of tall talent?

The Swans bidded on him so they obviously like him. Why don’t the Swans go after him with one of their late 1st round picks? The tall talent pool at the Swans is inferior compared to the Dogs and Croft may be able to break into the seniors.

Warming the Bench
    Why? Jordan Croft is a forward - thats where he played for the Calder Cannons. We don't require any further tall forwards. Anyway, who is to say that Croft will turn out better than any of our forwards on our list?

We are already stacked with talent.. Hayden McLean, Logan McDonald, Amartey. We also have Will Green who is a Ruck Forward who we drafted last year. I would take any of these players over Croft at this point in time. If JUH/Darcy were available then that is another discussion.

If anything we require a key back.

Quote Originally Posted by Syd76 View Post
    Why? Jordan Croft is a forward - thats where he played for the Calder Cannons. We don't require any further tall forwards. Anyway, who is to say that Croft will turn out better than any of our forwards on our list?

We are already stacked with talent.. Hayden McLean, Logan McDonald, Amartey. We also have Will Green who is a Ruck Forward who we drafted last year. I would take any of these players over Croft at this point in time. If JUH/Darcy were available then that is another discussion.

If anything we require a key back.
    Naugton, JUH, Darcy, Lobb and Croft is stacked with talent compared to McDonald, Amartey and McLean.

McDonald is working towards the class of Naugton and JUH. McLean is an honest footballer not in the class of Rory Lobb and Amartey is not as bright a prospect as Darcy.

Croft is the one out of the other 4 that will struggle for opportunities as Darcy, JUM and Naugton are going nowhere. At 201cm and athletic why not go for Croft. We may be able to convert him to a defender. The Swans obviously liked him to bid on him.

Would be worth the gamble of a late 1st round, particularly as he may not play any senior games this year.

Like Croft, Rampe was a Werribee footballer and turned out well.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    McLean >>> Lobb
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223