Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 List Management

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    Maybe a bit hair trigger on Vickery? He's only had 1 injury interrupted season - plus last weeks game.
    I am not saying Vickery should go.

Just saying he might be an unlucky delisting if we keep all of Errol, Logan, Florent, Rowbottom, Hayward, Melican, Fox and Cunningham, and no players (like Lloyd) are traded away.

There are no looming retirements this year (apart from maybe Sam Reid) so the other options for delisting or trade amongst non-contracted players next year are:

Reid, Ladhams (trade), McAndrew (trade), Edwards, Arnold, Buller, Francis, Reid and Magor. That's a heap of tall players (apart from Magor at 185) and it is unlikely we will delist/trade out three talls, so that really leaves Magor and Vickery as someone with potential, who will make way for our 2025 recruitments (like Clarke, Sheather, HKH etc last year).

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    I misunderstood the intent of your "Vickery has run out of time" comment Mal - all good.

I'm glad I didn't mention the "Taylor and Adams" thing
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Veterans List
    You know what - none of us really have much idea about all this stuff. The way $ figures are thrown about is a touch amusing to be honest.

If the year pans out as we all hope, like most other pointy end teams, we won't have players jumping ship, with all the hassle that involves, just for a small amount extra.

Of players we wanted to keep, only Dawson has left in recent times and that was for family reasons not $. Getting paid similar to what we had on the table. Over the top offers tend to come from non contenders if a player is interested in the $. Taranto and Hopper happy with the outlook at Richmond?

Florent has been mentioned as wanting more midfield time, at which club will he get that?

In the club I trust

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    We got Adams for tenure over dollars. Don’t worry about his contract. Cheap as chips.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Senior Player
    Will just be happy news for us as each signing is announced!

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Errol has seemed a touch off so far this season - I hope contract concerns aren't affecting him but it cCould just be other teams are paying him lots of attention.
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 2nd April 2024 at 06:30 PM.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Veterans List
    Errol has seemed a touch off so far this season - I hope contract concerns aren't affecting him but it cCould just be other teams are paying him lots of attention.
    I'm sure I read he had the flu late in the pre season, so that could be contributing to it.

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    We got Adams for tenure over dollars. Don’t worry about his contract. Cheap as chips.
    Not sure that’s right ? At the time he was traded Cal Towmey reported his contract was roughly the same with an extra year

Senior Player
    He was great v Essendon, but agree he's down on the level he was at during second half of last year. Not quite enough care in possession at times.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    He was great v Essendon, but agree he's down on the level he was at during second half of last year. Not quite enough care in possession at times.
    It's hard to tell watching on television, but I imagine he's getting a bit more attention, at least from teams with a defensive element to their game (ie not Essendon). I know if I were a coach I'd be putting plenty of time into him, given how lethal he can be by foot.

I think it's also relevant that the success of any kicking depends, in part, on players presenting. Yes, he can thread a needle but it won't work if the eye is too small (ie players don't run to the right spots, or move to meet the ball at the right time). Even on television I could tell that the team was far more static, less energiser-bunny, than it had been over the first three weeks of the season. Whether that was the cause of the drop-off or a symptom of Richmond messing with best-laid plans, that I don't know.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Rowie locks in for another four years. Very happy to see.

Rowbottom signs on for four more
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Rowie locks in for another four years. Very happy to see.

Rowbottom signs on for four more
    Great news. Got a few more crucial players to lock in. Hopefully they happen soon.