Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pre-season match: Swans Vs Brisbane 29 Feb 2024 (Blacktown)

james Jordan has got to learn how we play. He automatically kicks down the line. Instead of looking for a short option.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Now that is @@@@e umpiring. Typical. His arm was not taken at all. Umpire presuming because HE NEVER SAW IT
    I agree it was very soft. And yet when the umpire was staring right at Cameron with a fistful of Campbell's jumper, it was play on.

Regular in the Side
    Becoming a thumping. They are much cleaner than us across entire ground. Players everywhere. Not sure what system we were so good at last week but it’s not on display tonight.
    Patterns emerge, but do they mean anything? No.

Veterans List
    Taylor Adams has gone down into the rooms with the physio. Looks like a knee injury by the footage.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    The suggestion of an Adams injury is a worry. Mills, Parker and Adams … that’s a lot of inside clearance bulls absent. Let’s hope no more than a knock.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Not much to like about tonight’s game, it’s a preseason game that’s a positive 👍 first time I can say first time in awhile we didn’t have a decent player in any position. Hopefully we get some match fitness and the players definitely won’t be getting a head of themselves

On the veteran's list
    I thought Caleb Mitchell looked very comfortable out there.

It seems I was wrong about Jordan. Every player started doing the same as he did after half time. We just bombed out of defence, into the forward line, we did not even bother looking for a better option. Logan was leading big time early & the ball kept going to McLean & Amartey , very high. This is the first quarter. Then in the second we changed that. But not enough. By the third we did not even try to find a lead we just bombed. We lost this game so easily because the game plan was soooooo 10 years ago, without a good defence.

i am of the opinion we did not try to play to a new game plan. I think we just stuffed it deliberately. Ther coaches are trying to protect our game play for the season. If they aren't, then we are in deep @@@@e
    Last edited by wolftone57; 29th February 2024 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    That was a really good hit out, despite the chicken little claims from some. Brisbane are with Collingwood as the teams to beat this year - the gold standard. We had some pretty important players out, and the conditions were tricky. Combine that with a very strong Lions team and it was never going to be an easy match for us.

Jordon will prove an excellent addition - great running ability. Grundy will play his way into the season, and Roberts and Sheldrick certainly look like they belong at this level. Wicks was industrious and probably has a spot in the team, and Melican looked pretty good down back and should acquit himself well if selected. I'd say he's above Hamling.

Not a night for the bigs, and we had one or two talls more than we would in the season proper.

Add back Paps, Rampe and Warner next week and we'll be good to go.
    Yes, while I always prefer a win, I'm also not too concerned by the loss. I think the team selections suggested that Brisbane were a bit more keen to have a win. Also, the conditions of a bit over 30°C and high humidity, are the conditions that Brisbane have been training in for the past few months.

In regards to the Adams injury, apparently the early signs are that it's a not very serious medial ligament strain. So, here's hoping.

Senior Player
    I wonder whether Hayward was concussion or precaution. He didn't come back after early hit.

Suspect Ladhams is close to ousting McLean.

Surprised Jordon only had 31; he was everywhere.

Roberts will play plenty of first team football this year. Neat player with a knack for finding space.

Thought Warner showed some development.

Rowbottom looked good.

Goes up to 11
    That was a really good hit out, despite the Henny Penny claims from some. Brisbane are with Collingwood as the teams to beat this year - the gold standard. We had some pretty important players out, and the conditions were tricky. Combine that with a very strong Lions team and it was never going to be an easy match for us.

Jordon will prove an excellent addition - great running ability. Grundy will play his way into the season, and Roberts and Sheldrick certainly look like they belong at this level. Wicks was industrious and probably has a spot in the team, and Melican looked pretty good down back and should acquit himself well if selected. I'd say he's above Hamling.

Not a night for the bigs, and we had one or two talls more than we would in the season proper.

Add back Paps, Rampe and Warner next week and we'll be good to go.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    I wonder whether Hayward was concussion or precaution. He didn't come back after early hit.

Suspect Ladhams is close to ousting McLean.

Surprised Jordon only had 31; he was everywhere.

Roberts will play plenty of first team football this year. Neat player with a knack for finding space.

Thought Warner showed some development.

Rowbottom looked good.
    Ladhams for Amartey for mine. McLean is a way better option than Amartey who looked ordinary. A real duffer when the ball hits the ground.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast