Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pre-season match: Swans Vs Brisbane 29 Feb 2024 (Blacktown)

The opportunity I thought we lost was the opportunity to try some of our new play for about 30 minutes like we did last week for 1 hour. Horse just played another Dummy Match. Wilbur will be missed if he has to stay out due to Concussion Protocols. But if that is the case I think Buller should come in. The big guy is so mobile he could be an extra crumber if not marking

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Ladhams for Amartey for mine. McLean is a way better option than Amartey who looked ordinary. A real duffer when the ball hits the ground.
    Amartey was good when the ball hit the deck. Ladhams played for himself. I was angry on several occasions with him as he could have gotten the ball to his mids but stuffed it up being selfish. I prefer Amartey by a mile. He looked good in patches. but the delivery to the forwards was dreadful

Sam Reid is ahead of both.

Regular in the Side
    ver y disappointin, not about the loss but the way we played. Still a very seriouys porblem with backline. Hamling was not the answer, I dont think roberts is a half back either, Too much of a load on T Mc. Worry on Mcdonald didnt get near it muc h.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Taylor Adams has gone down into the rooms with the physio. Looks like a knee injury by the footage.
    Suspected mild medial ligament strain, extent unclear at the moment.

Swans face nervous wait on Adams injury as Lions prevail in preseason closer

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Suspected mild medial ligament strain, extent unclear at the moment.

Swans face nervous wait on Adams injury as Lions prevail in preseason closer
    McVeigh reckons Adams is a chance to play next week. Didn't mention Hayward.

AFL Full post-match, PM2: Swans
    https://www.afl.uat1.testafl.com/video/1080897

Veterans List
    Very disappointing effort, but against an outstanding team playing in conditions that suited them more.

Let's hope for something a little more "normal" next Thursday.

What happened to Rampe only played about half a game last week was named but didn’t play last night . Hopefully doesn’t have a mystery ailment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im not buying in on that game either way

A very established team we played against top4 team.

Sheldrick
    Roberts
    Corey
    Hamling
    Adams
    Grundy
    Still trying to get in the flow of our movement and the shape that indvs bring in and around the ball.
    Heavy focus on nullifying individually some of their guns........ which left a lot of our guys on the wrong side of the ball and or clunky clearances, exits etc
    Brisbane did have the game on their terms but the guys below that were out made it almost impossible to match the Lions.

Rampes
    Paps
    Warner
    Mills
    Parker
    These guys are massive OUTS
    Tom McCartin played very small minutes?
    Same with Patch. Half a game?

We need more data which we will receive very very soon
    Last edited by Auntie.Gerald; 1st March 2024 at 10:41 AM.
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Would look at that game much at all, even Gulden was having issues with disposal.

Good to see Wicks look half dangerous a couple of times instead of just being a tackler, still lacks a bit of composure.

I think the criticism of Ladhams is ridiculous, got his hands onit multiple times at ground level but conditions didnt suit. Grundy was every bit as fumbly. I think we need to be happy we have 2 rucks that are a threat outside of the centre circle.

Defence is an issue but we arent the only team that is light on quality talls. Can see Mills spending most his season down there and Heeney helping out in spurts.

I think we will see Heeney up the ground so we can play all 3 of Mclean, Logan and Amartey with 1 ruck.

Neale is a whole different level in traffic and that Coleman is going to be a star

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Would look at that game much at all, even Gulden was having issues with disposal.

Good to see Wicks look half dangerous a couple of times instead of just being a tackler, still lacks a bit of composure.

I think the criticism of Ladhams is ridiculous, got his hands onit multiple times at ground level but conditions didnt suit. Grundy was every bit as fumbly. I think we need to be happy we have 2 rucks that are a threat outside of the centre circle.

Defence is an issue but we arent the only team that is light on quality talls. Can see Mills spending most his season down there and Heeney helping out in spurts.

I think we will see Heeney up the ground so we can play all 3 of Mclean, Logan and Amartey with 1 ruck.

Neale is a whole different level in traffic and that Coleman is going to be a star
    I hope we keep Heeney in the forward 50 / high half forward. Macdonald, Amartey and Mclean look as threating as a wet paper towel, I would swap one of Mclean or Amartey for Reid any day.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Sam Reid is ahead of both.
    Agree.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Same with Patch. Half a game?
    Got injured. ML strain.....word is he should be ok for next week.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast