Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 0 - Pre Match Thread - vs Melbourne at SCG, Thursday 7 March 2024 at 1:30 PM

Senior Player
    I'm a little nervous.

Mills, Parker and Adams are significant outs against a team with Petracca, Oliver and Viney. Adams had the most clearances for the Swans last week despite only playing 50% of the game.

Rowbottom, Jordon and Warner will need to have big games in the middle, and I'm expecting Heeney to match-up either Oliver or Petracca for much of it.

I'm still waiting to hear confirmation that Hayward wasn't concussed, as he's going to be very important forward this year, taking pressure off the younger talls.

Also slightly concerned that Rampe and Lloyd missed the Brisbane game, given the backline is a little thin.

Sorry for being a bit of a downer!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Like your optimism. Happy for you to be right. The three hard nuts would have been handy but it does give other younger players a chance. Reckon Roberts plays some role.
    I'd be very surprised if Roberts is not in the 23, and somewhat surprised if he's not in the 22. Eighteen disposals at 78% against Brisbane; looked assured.

Agree about Robert’s. I went to the GWS game and was a little surprised to see him in the backline. Seems he may be competing with Harry for a spot and looked the better of the two in that game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    I'm a little nervous.

Mills, Parker and Adams are significant outs against a team with Petracca, Oliver and Viney. Adams had the most clearances for the Swans last week despite only playing 50% of the game.

Rowbottom, Jordon and Warner will need to have big games in the middle, and I'm expecting Heeney to match-up either Oliver or Petracca for much of it.

I'm still waiting to hear confirmation that Hayward wasn't concussed, as he's going to be very important forward this year, taking pressure off the younger talls.

Also slightly concerned that Rampe and Lloyd missed the Brisbane game, given the backline is a little thin.

Sorry for being a bit of a downer!
    Hayward very important to keep Lever and May busy as 3rd man up

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    I did feel Sheldrick was miles off a Luke Parker performance in the GWS trial game.

So not clean below his knees. Jumping in and not keeping his feet. Not moving in on an arc to the ball to increase 360 degree exit awareness. Im sure he will tidy up next game though as it was slippery but others were clean with the ball.
    It’s a good pick up, but also something easily remedied given what he showed last year was a good ability to use his hips and body to create space for himself and an exit for the handball. He does it more naturally than a lot of our mids. Hopefully what we saw in the practice match was a combination of over enthusiasm and the wet.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post

I was also concerned about Hayward, but in the latest injury report he is not mentioned. They only mention Parker, Mills, Adams, Arnold and Kirk.

No Sheldrick ???

Not sure who else needs to be injured for him to play

Regular in the Side
    B: L.Melican 43 T.McCartin 30 D.Rampe - C 24 // HB:: N.Blakey 22 O.Florent 13 J.Lloyd 44 // C: J.McInerney 27 Ch.Warner 1 E.Gulden 21 // HF: I.Heeney 5 L.McDonald 6 J.Amartey 36 // F: T.Papley 11 H.McLean 2 W.Hayward 9 // Foll: B.Grundy 4 J.Jordon 17 J.Rowbottom 8 // I/C: B.Campbell 16 M.Roberts 34 H.Cunningham 7 S.Wicks 15 R.Fox 42 // Emerg: A.Sheldrick 12 P.Ladhams 19 Co.Warner 37

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    No Sheldrick ???
    After last weeks game, I thinks he needs a while in the 2s just to grow his game hes not ready.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Bit surprised by Sheldrick over Roberts, mainly because of who else we’re missing at the coalface and Harry and Roberts on the bench equals eight defenders. But only mildly so given his scratch match last week was, well, scratchy. Otherwise, looks good.

It also suggests Heeney will spend plenty of time on ball.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Senior Player
    Kind of saw the Sheldrick admission coming, given the choice seemed between he and Roberts and the latter played more and better in the Brisbane game.

He'd be disappointed; with the outs, he really should be in. But I'm in no position to say it's not deserved.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast