Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Opening Round 2024

Senior Player
    If Brownlow votes are awarded on the basis of free kicks Gawn is a certainty

Veterans List
    Conditions are terrible again. So many fumbles and dropped marks from both sides. Our tall forwards just can't get into it.

Hoping players like Gulden, Warner and JJ can get involved in the game. Lucky Melbourne can’t kick straight or this game would be over ! - let’s regroup boys and run away with it

Hard for the tall 3 to be effective with the way we are delivering the ball in. They need to work harder and lead more however.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Both sides are strangling each other. We’re doing it with pressure around the ball and on the ball carrier, and Melbourne are sagging back behind the ball.

Heeney’s been outstanding, as some of our outside players have been. Not being at the ground I can’t see whether it’s the forward leading patterns are off or the kick forward of 50 (my usual bug bear) combined with them holding space behind the ball, but it needs to be tidied.

For what it’s worth, I don’t think Grundy has been as bad as the commentators are saying. Max has had a couple of special taps as you’d expect, but Grundy’s been better around the ground.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Get back in the sheds and reset. Doing a lot right, but delivery into the forward line not so much.
    Yes, it's not helping our big guys down there but seriously, they need to lift at the same time.

Grundy has been okay. He has had good moments - Gawn getting plenty of assistance from those in yellow, even laying any form of finger on him seems to be a free kick tonight. I suspect it'll take Grundy several weeks to really build up some form.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Not very impressive thus far. They even already look like a tired team. I hope its the humidity. May is killing us down back. I think Mcdonald needs to lead to the pockets to get him out of the main play area.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Hate to be whining about the umpiring, but where was our 50 for the late hit? We would not have conceded that goal then. The umpiring just destroys my enjoyment of the game as it doesn't look like a fair contest.
    Yeah, I had a theory that we were being punished for having the audacity of recruiting Buddy and that things would improve once he had retired....but so far the umps have not given me any confidence that that might be the case. Maybe the umps are now just used not liking us anymore.....sigh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor 01 View Post
    Not very impressive thus far. They even already look like a tired team. I hope its the humidity.
    ....and yet we lead the game. It's the first game of the year, we're not going to be perfect. Melbourne aren't either......thankfully!

Harry was @@@@e there. He just kicked with no bloody hope whatsoever. He did not even look. He had the ball in open space, no played near him. Hd had plenty of time to hit a player up. Do we really need players who panic?

The reason our tall forwards are contributing nothing is the delivery. Plus they Ard not moving. No leads. Not one until the mark McDonald dropped due to his stupidity in trying to take a chest mark. Why? Why are we just bombing into the forwards? Why are the forwards not leading? This is frustrating.

Backs gave been super. Mids ok. Even though early they got flogged in contested possession. We worked hard & equalled that in the second.

Dees getting away with pushing in the back, 50 metre penalty violations, holding ( hotels many times does Max have to hold in the ruck without a free?). Getting the best of the Maggots

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Yeah, I had a theory that we were being punished for having the audacity of recruiting Buddy and that things would improve once he had retired....but so far the umps have not given me any confidence that that might be the case. Maybe the umps are now just used not liking us anymore.....sigh.

- - - Updated - - -

....and yet we lead the game. It's the first game of the year, we're not going to be perfect. Melbourne aren't either......thankfully!
    The umpires, in the main, are Victorians. They will always favour the Vic side. It is still the VFL

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Early days. Our forwards are not in the game because of 2 things. One, they are not leading. No movement at all.
    2. Hence, we just bomb.

Big 2nd half Swans! Let's start the season off right!

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    I’ve gotta say, Hey Jude > Sweet Caroline.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast