Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Opening Round 2024

Veterans List
    Too many high frees being paid tonight when the player has ducked.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Grundy has been amazing .
    Rowbottom will never win a Brownlow but will be top three in our B&F for aloooong time . He’s hard as cats head and so important for us.
    Fox , rookie of the year ! ( or is he main list now , I dunno )
    Heeney great too, rolls Royce / Land Cruiser . Others also but my main takeaways. Not over yet but liking these signs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Through many an argument with old TB back in the day - Rowie will never be a superstar from a style substance, but he has the heart and hard work up there with our biggest hard nuts in the last 30 years. He is so important to our structure and helps will our way out of tough spots in games.

Probably never will regularly hit the 25 'you are a reject if you are below this number' as many as one would hope, but he is a terrific player nonetheless.

Sent from my CPH2307 using Tapatalk
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Well done you mighty Swannies. Great way to start what could be a very good year!

"You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Great, well fought win. Melbourne came at us hard (as did the umpires) but we went with them and finished strongly, which was the most pleasing aspect for me. Grundy was enormous, Blakey and Heeney in good shape. Gotta love a round 1 win. Bring on 2024!

I wonder how many Melbourne fans are now venting, over why the club let Grundy go?

That footage of Papley and Hanners warms the heart as much as the big win tonight! Just wonderful to see

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    YOU BLOODY BEAUTIFUL CYGNETS!!!

Grundy has been a great acquisition. Great tactics against Gawn. I have to admit, I thought our mids might struggle against the Dees, but they were excellent. How many clearances did Heeney get? Paps looks great flying through there too. And Chad! Wow.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Such a good start.

Isaac BOG. He had amazing numbers, but they don’t account for what he did. His contested footy was gold standard in volume and class. The one bloke on the ground consistently clean by hand and foot. I still always remember Roos being asked on a pregame panel years ago if he was a forward or mid and almost being so offended by the question in spitting out mid. We will never know what the deal with injuries have been, but touch wood for the rest of the year.

Grundy and Blakey not far behind. Grundy did what he did to even up the ruck contest but his around the ground work was always his one wood and on display.

Chad was bad, then he was good. Paps tick. Rowie just had another eight or nine tackles and I reckon McInerney was superb. JJ had a quiet first half but got better, and Fox had a sneaky good game.

That last quarter also says a,lot about a fit and healthy list in preseason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    Grundy has been a great acquisition. Great tactics against Gawn. I have to admit, I thought our mids might struggle against the Dees, but they were excellent. How many clearances did Heeney get? Paps looks great flying through there too. And Chad! Wow.
    Isaac: 13 clearances and 18 contested possessions. Total beast game.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Terrific win! Grundy has been a tremendous acquisition; what a difference a good ruck makes. Heeney had the highest number of clearances in his career.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Some big performers that lifted when we needed it, great win

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Such a good start.

Isaac BOG. He had amazing numbers, but they don’t account for what he did. His contested footy was gold standard in volume and class. The one bloke on the ground consistently clean by hand and foot. I still always remember Roos being asked on a pregame panel years ago if he was a forward or mid and almost being so offended by the question in spitting out mid. We will never know what the deal with injuries have been, but touch wood for the rest of the year.

Grundy and Blakey not far behind. Grundy did what he did to even up the ruck contest but his around the ground work was always his one wood and on display.

Chad was bad, then he was good. Paps tick. Rowie just had another eight or nine tackles and I reckon McInerney was superb. JJ had a quiet first half but got better, and Fox had a sneaky good game.

That last quarter also says a,lot about a fit and healthy list in preseason.
    The key thing for the big players that struggled early was they got going when it mattered. Warner, Gulden both terrific, Jordan got going.

Great signs for a good season - one week at a time however!

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast