Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking forward to 2024

Senior Player

Looking forward to 2024

Re: Luke Darcy - the main thing I look forward to next season is him telling us how tall Nik Cox is - usually about 6 times a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    Re: Luke Darcy - the main thing I look forward to next season is him telling us how tall Nik Cox is - usually about 6 times a game.
    And that Stevic ‘is one of the best in the business’

"Matt Stevic: one of the best in the business".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    And that Stevic ‘is one of the best in the business’
    Snap!

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Or, if Sam Reid plays on, that his real name is Ben.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Senior Player
    Haha I agree with all the above comments. He DID play for the Bulldogs so Stevic was clearly BOG in the 2016 GF

Veterans List
    I'm looking forward to next season but I'm not sure I'm looking forward to this hair brained AFL idea:

AFL floats Sydney double-header to open 2024 season Giants Collingwood Swans Melbourne Carlton Richmond

It would mean we have two byes for the season.....and we know our post bye form in general.

Warming the Bench

He also likes to point out that Nik Cox shouldn't be able to do 'that' because of his height. 'That' is often running, bending over to pick the ball up. Or kicking it.

Darcy is a commentator who knows one fact about a few players and will use it at any time he can. I wonder what gem he will bring up about his son, hopefully something like 'Sam Darcy, has eight letters in his name'.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Or, someone will do something perfectly normal for an elite AFL player, and he probably did five times a game as a player, and he'll go: "Aww, what about that?!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jimitron5000 View Post

He also likes to point out that Nik Cox shouldn't be able to do 'that' because of his height. 'That' is often running, bending over to pick the ball up. Or kicking it.

Darcy is a commentator who knows one fact about a few players and will use it at any time he can. I wonder what gem he will bring up about his son, hopefully something like 'Sam Darcy, has eight letters in his name'.
    Imagine if he brought his commentary on how tall Nik Cox is to commentary about his own son's height.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Veteran Site Admin
    Imagine if he brought his commentary on how tall Nik Cox is to commentary about his own son's height.
    I’m looking forward to him referring to Sam Darcy as “Luke”. He gets most other names wrong, so why not that one?

I’m looking forward to Peter Bell Head of Football at Freeo NOT saying how excited they are to have Logan McDonald come back home.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I’m looking forward to him referring to Sam Darcy as “Luke”. He gets most other names wrong, so why not that one?
    Well, we wouldn't want him to play favourites.

Although, I do expect something like this to be repeated ad infinitum, "Sam Darcy: he's my boy! At least that's what the missus tells me. Heh, heh."

Now that Ginnivan is off to Hawthorn, I'll be interested to see how Collingwood fans react, if he milks a free or two when playing against them. Somehow I doubt that they'll maintain their previous stance of, "Why is everyone picking on poor Jack?"

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast