Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Opening round: the other games.

Senior Player
    Collingwood v Giants - compelling game. Such is my loathing for GWS, quite firmly cheering for Collingwood.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Collingwood v Giants - compelling game. Such is my loathing for GWS, quite firmly cheering for Collingwood.
    It's not working.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Veterans List
    Well done Suns and well done Giants.....smashing the Pies. They are the real deal.

If the Lions won last night, Victorian fans would have gone even crazier in their hatred for Round Zero! LOL!

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    I hate GWS, but they’re definitely a more substantial side than the one from ‘15-‘19 and clearly have a better coach than Forrest Gump (I am still to be convinced he’s right to be footy manager for us). Not everyone’s a first round draft pick and as a result they’re prepared to play a role and do hard work.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Veteran Site Admin
    This was always going to happen - GWS and Gold Coast with utter domination over the rest of the competition - after those preposterous start up concessions given to the two clubs. Utter betrayal of supporters in the sport's heartland.

And don't get me started on the academy concessions granted on top. Discount access to the likes of Harvey Thomas and Bodhi Uwland was the final kick in the teeth to real football fans everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    This was always going to happen - GWS and Gold Coast with utter domination over the rest of the competition - after those preposterous start up concessions given to the two clubs. Utter betrayal of supporters in the sport's heartland.

And don't get me started on the academy concessions granted on top. Discount access to the likes of Harvey Thomas and Bodhi Uwland was the final kick in the teeth to real football fans everywhere.
    Hahaha Liz!

While I'm sure your comment is in jest, sadly I've already seen plenty of comments along those lines (even just after our game on Thursday) that were made in jest....

The poor sport's heartland, suffering immeasurable pain at the expense of the dominant Northern Clubs.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

That’s quite a rant Liz.

GWS and Gold Coast utter domination? It’s opening round …..

Preposterous start up concessions? It’s 2024. Suns entered AFL in 2011, GWS in 2012. Both teams were regularly thumped for several / years after. How could they have possibly survived without the concessions? They were just kids. And have continually lost their best players as they got picked off by other (mainly Victorian) clubs.

Betrayal of supporters in the heartland? Why are you worrying about the hurt feelings of Victorians?

Real football funs everywhere? The whole point of the AFL expansion was to grow the game Australia wide — to put the A into AFL. Fans who come to our great game later in life are still ‘real football fans’ — wouldn’t you agree …..

Personally I would be happy to see both Suns & GWS do well. Just not against my Swans …

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Hahaha Liz!

While I'm sure your comment is in jest, sadly I've already seen plenty of comments along those lines (even just after our game on Thursday) that were made in jest....

The poor sport's heartland, suffering immeasurable pain at the expense of the dominant Northern Clubs.
    Ok, ‘whoosh’ if that’s what Liz’s post was about…

I don’t read BF.

Veteran Site Admin
    I thought my post was so lacking in subtlety that it would be obvious it was a piss take.

I can't edit my earlier post for some reason - I meant to say I've seen posts along those lines that were not made in jest on other pages!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I thought my post was so lacking in subtlety that it would be obvious it was a piss take.
    I’m a serious person ……

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    Liz,

It was brilliant. We need more of this

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast