Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 VFL thread

We should be well in front, goal kicking is off, is a club thing lol 😂- Buller worling himself into the game - Edwards could have something but very hard to tell against smaller and weaker opponents. Hope we can get the win

Hamling bloody hell !
    Could Snell replace one of Cunningham or Lloyd ?

Just noticed that Nic Shipley is the runner. So I assume he's had some sort of persistent injury?
    And nice work by Buller for that Konstanty goal.

Sheldrick really grabbed back the momentum then.

Anyone at the game can do an update on who played well?

The draw was probably a fair result, with the game being a strongly fought and even contest throughout. I thought plenty of players did well.

Sheldrick was probably our best. He clocked up plenty of contested possessions, effectively harassed the Suns mids and was particularly important for our inside game, after Cleary was held over at half time. Perhaps our next best was Mitchell, who both ran hard when on the wing and won plenty of contests when playing more of an inside role. Also winning plenty of hard ball was young Ben Edwards. For a VFL listed player, 25 possessions was a very good haul, and I think his tough, in and under competitiveness, is starting to give him a good chance of a promotion to the rookie list.

In defence, I thought Snell, Will Edwards and prior to being switched forward, Francis, were all very good. Francis also snapped an important late goal.

Up forward, Konstanty would have pleased the coaches with his 3 goals and game high 6 tackles. Buller was pretty good in his return. Although he looked a bit rusty early, he worked his way into the game and could have kicked 3 or 4, if it wasn't for team mates spoiling him in marking contests and giving away frees when he had his opponent beaten. Ladhams was the main offender there, but unlike the last game, he didn't do anything offensively stupid. He actually had a pretty good game, in that he got to plenty of contests, but couldn't quite capitalise.

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rickmat View Post
    Anyone at the game can do an update on who played well?
    Watched the majority of thegame
    -Sheldrick is a class player, has to be playing AFL. His field kicking seems to have improved.
    -Francis was used as a floating intercept mark down back and played the best game I have seen from him.
    -Ladhams was good early as has a imposing presence when forward. If Amratey has another poor game, Ladhams could be option. Personally I dont mind his aggression. Give away a few free kicks but it was more of a case of the player ducking.
    -Snell was good down back and is so composed when he gets the ball its hard to Believe its his first year.
    -Will Green took some nice marks but he needs to put on some muscles.
    -Konstanty did some nice things, but does not do enough
    -Hamling was just OK. Mitchell and Warner played good solid games .
    -Buller was quiet early but took some good grabs in the second half.
    -Sydney played the better but the forward entries were not the best combined with poor goal kicking. But a draw against last year's premiers is not a bad result.

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor 01 View Post
    Watched the majority of thegame
    -Sheldrick is a class player, has to be playing AFL. His field kicking seems to have improved.
    -Francis was used as a floating intercept mark down back and played the best game I have seen from him.
    -Ladhams was good early as has a imposing presence when forward. If Amratey has another poor game, Ladhams could be option. Personally I dont mind his aggression. Give away a few free kicks but it was more of a case of the player ducking.
    -Snell was good down back and is so composed when he gets the ball its hard to Believe its his first year.
    -Will Green took some nice marks but he needs to put on some muscles.
    -Konstanty did some nice things, but does not do enough
    -Hamling was just OK. Mitchell and Warner played good solid games .
    -Buller was quiet early but took some good grabs in the second half.
    -Sydney played the better but the forward entries were not the best combined with poor goal kicking. But a draw against last year's premiers is not a bad result.
    Agree with all that and I really enjoyed the game we probably should have won. One thing I disagree with Sheldrick field kicking hasn’t improved he turned it over a lot by foot today, he just needs to tidy it up a little and he could be a very good afl player

Veterans List
    Sheldrick is a fair way back in the queue, still got Parker and Mills to fit in.

Thanks for the reports

Coaches votes for our last game.

9 Rory Atkins (GCS)
    7 Angus Sheldrick (SYD)
    4 Joel Jeffrey (GCS)
    3 Sam Day (GCS)
    3 Patrick Snell (SYD)
    2 Caleb Mitchell (SYD)
    1 Ben Edwards (SYD)
    1 Caleb Graham (GCS)

Ben Edwards also polled a few votes in our previous game, so he's doing really well for a VFL squad player. Mitchell would be leading our votes with 12.

A strong VFL side, with Luke Parker and Nic Shipley coming in. I suspect that the last time Parker played reserves would have been around 2012. I'm sure some VFL listed players would be chuffed to play either with or against someone of his standing. While Shipley is in for his first game of the season, after being consistently good in the VFL last year.

B: W. Edwards (28), J. Hamling (29), W. Green (45)
    HB: J. Magor (32), P. Snell (41), C. Vickery (25)
    C: B. Edwards (50), C. Mitchell (35), C. Warner (37)
    HF: A. Francis (10), P. Ladhams (19), J. Konstanty (18)
    F: L. Parker (26), J. Buller (39), P. Moi Moi (56)
    R: L. McAndrew (46), C. Cleary (33), A. Sheldrick (12)
    INT: I. Kirk (31), N. Shipley (52), W. Kelly (49), J. Bartholomaeus (53), J. Lugsdin (67)*
    EMG: M. Geddes (61), J. Endemann (57), B. Ashley-Cooper (51), T. Longmire (58), T. Gander (65)

And by the way, the game is against the Hawks at Box Hill on Sunday at 12.05pm.

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast