Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 VFL thread

Team for the game against the Giants, that will take place at the SCG at 5.15pm, so hopefully a bit of a crowd hangs around. And hopefully we put in a better performance than last week. It would also be nice if Campbell blitzed it after being dropped.

B: W. Edwards (28), J. Hamling (29), W. Green (45)
    HB: J. Magor (32), P. Snell (41), C. Vickery (25)
    C: B. Campbell (16), C. Mitchell (35), B. Edwards (50)
    HF: J. Konstanty (18), J. Buller (39), A. Francis (10)
    F: J. Lugsdin (67)*, L. McAndrew (46), L. Parker (26)
    R: P. Ladhams (19), A. Sheldrick (12), C. Cleary (33)
    INT: T. Longmire (58), J. Endemann (57), N. Shipley (52), W. Smit (66), W. Kelly (49)
    EMG: J. Bartholomaeus (53), P. Moi Moi (56), M. Geddes (61), B. Ashley-Cooper (51)

IN: B. Campbell, J. Endemann, T. Longmire, W. Smitt
    OUT: I. Kirk (concussion), C. Warner (ankle), J. Bartholomaeus, P. Moi Moi
    NEW: Willem Smit, 20, 174cm, Manly-Warringah

Moi Moi is perhaps a bit unlucky to be dropped, after being lively in the forward line in his previous appearances. And Smit is an academy player from a couple of years ago.

Tuned in a couple of minutes and I haven't seen Ladhams. Is he out for some reason?

Good contest so far. Classy finish just then from Cleary, very classy.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Good contest so far. Classy finish just then from Cleary, very classy.
    Yes, I'm quite enjoying it too. I think GWS have got less of an injury list than us, so they're going to be tough to beat, but we've also got plenty of AFL level players.

If Will Edwards isn’t in for McCartin I’d be very surprised !

Lugsdin must be enjoying his VFL career. Although he might be in the category of "too small for the AFL"?

Edwards does a lot right- really liking how he is coming on. Francis is trying hard tonight, but as always feels like it is a true mixed bag with him - some good moments mixed with some shockers.

I think more likely they'll ask Fox to play tall and be in the starting 22 next week, but Edwards can't do much more to push his case, he has really come on in leaps and bounds.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Edwards does a lot right- really liking how he is coming on. Francis is trying hard tonight, but as always feels like it is a true mixed bag with him - some good moments mixed with some shockers.

I think more likely they'll ask Fox to play tall and be in the starting 22 next week, but Edwards can't do much more to push his case, he has really come on in leaps and bounds.
    You are probably right, but when did we have a defender who must be close to 200cm (was 197cm in his draft year) who has a cannon for a leg 🦵 I really hope they back this guy in as he has been in the best all year and deserves a shot

I'm glad Mitchell kicked that. All those behinds were starting to drive me a little bit crazy.

Yeh we could easily be out of sight by now already. But we are doing a lot right.

Hamling looking half decent as a tall forward so far tonight - that was a very nice finish just then.

Could Hamling replace Amartey lol he’s have a cracker af FF lol 😂

Yeh we could easily be out of sight by now already. But we are doing a lot right.

Hamling looking half decent as a tall forward so far tonight - that was a very nice finish just then.
    I wonder how he feels about that? I'm sure he's enjoyed kicking a couple of goals, but he might rather be down back, competing to replace McCartin?

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast