Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2024 VFL thread

Our second half’s have been issue 2 weeks in a row

Been impressed by Caleb Mitchell today - done a lot of good things, and can cleary see why he got his chance at senior level earlier in the season.

Another cracking finish from Hamling then - certainly put his goalkicking boots on tonight.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Hamling looked like he had absolutely no idea how to kick that. And then he kicked it!?

Easy as you like too deja! Sometimes I think the less footballers think about it, the better haha!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Getting the feeling these umpires have backed the Giants.

Ha, Lugsdin the match winner!

Nice to see some fight 👌 think atleast 8 players with big futures.

Lugsdin had a nice game - well done young man!

Enjoyed that as a contest.

Not 100% sold on Parker being quite ready for the Seniors (but of course no issues if they do pick him). Had plenty of the pill and plenty of clearances, but a bit of a mixed bag using it. Likewise, Campbell was a lot more involved than he has been at senior level, but something just not quite working for him at the moment. Needs some time to build his confidence back up (freely admit I was wrong about my hopes for his season so far in 2024).

Liked the game of Caleb Mitchell, and Cleary continues to impress.

If Hamling put in a run of games like that up forward, he could give himself a shot for promotion - but I suspect it probably suggests he is a fair way down the pecking order at this point.

Didn't mind some of the moments from Snell either.

Plenty of good stuff mixed in, and nice to hang on for the win. An enjoyable encore to the main event today. Still finding it strange to watch footy at the SCG with a camera on the other side however!

Not discounting his good game but i reckon ive got more chance of being a fwd in league than Hamling

Why bother putting him up fwd after a 12 yr career down back?

And i get bagged for suggesting putting Amartey down back

Bit harsh wa, but get your point. I suspect it was probably a bit of a forced reshuffle given Ladham's didn't play - but he played well in that role, suited to it or not.

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Lugsdin had a nice game - well done young man!

Enjoyed that as a contest.

Not 100% sold on Parker being quite ready for the Seniors (but of course no issues if they do pick him). Had plenty of the pill and plenty of clearances, but a bit of a mixed bag using it. Likewise, Campbell was a lot more involved than he has been at senior level, but something just not quite working for him at the moment. Needs some time to build his confidence back up (freely admit I was wrong about my hopes for his season so far in 2024).

Liked the game of Caleb Mitchell, and Cleary continues to impress.

If Hamling put in a run of games like that up forward, he could give himself a shot for promotion - but I suspect it probably suggests he is a fair way down the pecking order at this point.

Didn't mind some of the moments from Snell either.

Plenty of good stuff mixed in, and nice to hang on for the win. An enjoyable encore to the main event today. Still finding it strange to watch footy at the SCG with a camera on the other side however!
    Looks like McCartin will be some time out. Are you picking Snell, Francis or Hamelin?

Quote Originally Posted by Trever View Post
    Looks like McCartin will be some time out. Are you picking Snell, Francis or Hamelin?
    The Pied Piper.

I think Francis is clearly first in line - despite clear reservations. Edwards however continues to improve and is a clear 2nd on the list now for mine. Snell looks raw and young but has promise. Hamling playing most of tonight up forward says all that needs to be said about where he probably is in the current pecking order - although as per previous comment, I suspect it was more due to Ladhams going out and needing another tall up there than a wider comment on where he sits.

I suspect we will see Fox start and someone else come in to the 23. But if they do want the extra tall, Francis is probably 1st in line, though Edwards continues to develop (still a year off I reckon but making big bounds forward this year).