Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 1 - Pre Match Thread - vs Collingwood at MCG, Friday 15 March 2024, 1:40 PM

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    But neither is any good.
    Cameron’s developed into a solid contributor. Cox is an extremely poor man’s Mike Pyke who got kissed on the arse by a rainbow and has one good game a year.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Cox and Cameron show the ever ongoing conundrum of ruckman. Cox in particular is nothing but a toiler (He is well behind Pyke in the import ruck stakes haha) - but he and Cameron are an effective combination, and Cameron has turned into a pretty decent footballer overall. For every superstar ruckman that has won a premiership, you'll find a combo/ruckman that doesn't immediately jump out as much chop that was part of a successful team. And I think that is part of the mystery of the ruck - there are multiple ways for someone to be an 'effective' ruck in a footy team, even if standalone they aren't at first appearances a good individual ruckman.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Mills, Parker, Adams and Sheldrick all out yet I'm still confident we have the troops to get the job done, away, against the reigning premiers. Our mid depth is good but it's being heavily tested early.
    Last edited by Goal Sneak; 13th March 2024 at 11:20 PM.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Cox is played exclusively for structure, not output. He's the (really) tall target that allows the Pies to kick long when they need it, and give their smalls and mids a place to either swoop towards and crumb a goal, but more so to swarm and force a stoppage or corral the play inside the opposition's defensive 50, letting them set up behind the ball.

I mean, good on him, he's got a premiership medal. But he's like the Chief out of the scene in One Flew Over the Cuckoo Nest. "Tall man, stand here." (Main difference being Chief actually had scoring output).

Veterans List
    Unchanged

Happy with an unchanged side. Assume Wicks the sub again unless it's pissing rain.

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Not surprised by the unchanged team. The weather will be good, so hopefully our tall forwards will be more effective.

I'll be picking up my membership pack before the game, so I will be hoping for a very long queue so that I miss the unfurling of the premiership flag! Although I just read an article on the Swans app that we spoiled Collingwood's flag unfurling in Round 1, 1959. Hopefully history repeats!

Last night on Talking Footy they discussed whether we would use the same tactics on Daicos that we did last year. They showed the footage and Papley really got stuck into him, especially after the Clarke goal. Unfortunately he was stupid enough to use a forearm into Daicos' back, right in front of Stevic, who of course couldn't wait to blow the whistle!

During the melee there was a blonde player wearing number 33 and I could not remember who it was. I had to Google to find it was Sheather. I feel bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Not surprised by the unchanged team. The weather will be good, so hopefully our tall forwards will be more effective.

I'll be picking up my membership pack before the game, so I will be hoping for a very long queue so that I miss the unfurling of the premiership flag! Although I just read an article on the Swans app that we spoiled Collingwood's flag unfurling in Round 1, 1959. Hopefully history repeats!

Last night on Talking Footy they discussed whether we would use the same tactics on Daicos that we did last year. They showed the footage and Papley really got stuck into him, especially after the Clarke goal. Unfortunately he was stupid enough to use a forearm into Daicos' back, right in front of Stevic, who of course couldn't wait to blow the whistle!

During the melee there was a blonde player wearing number 33 and I could not remember who it was. I had to Google to find it was Sheather. I feel bad!
    Don't feel too bad. A while back, I didn't recognise Tadhg until about ten seconds after he wandered past me, and he used to be my favourite player. Although, in my defence, he was dressed in Giants gear.

Warming the Bench redstarforever's Avatar
    pretty sure on a tv commercial they said we were playing v bombers? 🤷@♂️ channel 7 has carked it

Warming the Bench redstarforever's Avatar
    on Amartey.. is he just lazy or is it a mental thing? clearly we’ve seen what he can do when he’s on which is once in every like 5 games or somethin:/ shame

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by redstarforever View Post
    pretty sure on a tv commercial they said we were playing v bombers? 🤷@♂️ channel 7 has carked it
    Could that have just been an advertisement for our next home game?

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    So Lizard plays his 100th tonight, and Campbell his 50th. Our boys are growing so fast!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast