Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Round 1 1/2: the other games.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    And I'm sure that we'll soon get some AFL media guff, along the lines of: oh no, Carlton have actually got plenty of salary cap space, due to all their star players being paid unders, because they really love the cafes on Lygon Street. Or some such crap. Similar crap to how the Geelong players were never getting as much as people thought, because of their love of country air or whatever.
    I've always found it interesting that it is widely understood that every club in the NRL is rorting the salary cap, yet somehow magically all the
    AFL clubs are as pure as driven snow. All of them.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Watching the Giants v Norf game. It looks like there’s about ten people there. GWS keep touting increased membership but they must just be giveaways. The crowd is truly embarrassing.

As for the ex Swans - Toby Pink keeps at it, but is having the moments you’d expect from a first game player in defence in a weak side. I think I saw Dylan Stephens run through the screen at some point but otherwise, the poor man’s woes continue.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Watching the Giants v Norf game. It looks like there’s about ten people there. GWS keep touting increased membership but they must just be giveaways. The crowd is truly embarrassing.

As for the ex Swans - Toby Pink keeps at it, but is having the moments you’d expect from a first game player in defence in a weak side. I think I saw Dylan Stephens run through the screen at some point but otherwise, the poor man’s woes continue.
    We went to the game. It looked like around 9,000-10,000 to us. Probably about 10% of them were North fans based on what they
    were wearing. Jesse Hogan has to be one of the best pick ups by any team in recent years. Another six goals tonight. He can play.

Dylan needs to find a non contact sport to play. I'm guessing Clarkson won't put up with him for long.

Veterans List
    Watched the Cats/Saints game. I know it was the first round but it was pretty pedestrian.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Dylan needs to find a non contact sport to play. I'm guessing Clarkson won't put up with him for long.
    I didn't notice Stephens there. I did see Clarko and he wasn't moving well. Perhaps he is coaching injured, all those foot
    in mouth injuries have finally caught up with him.

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Watched the Cats/Saints game. I know it was the first round but it was pretty pedestrian.
    I also watched most of the game and I thought the standard was very average as it was played in perfect conditions. I automatically thought how could either of these sides match the Swans?? But it was the first round.

Veterans List
    Nice to see Melbourne gave the Dogs a nice old towelling.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    If you wanna finish your weekend with a smile, wander over to the dogs bigfooty page
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

If you wanna finish your weekend with a smile, wander over to the dogs bigfooty page
    Strangely, I was just thinking of doing that. Are they continuing on the general theme of late last season and calling for Beveridge to be sacked? Personally, I suspect he'll be the first to go.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Highly enjoyable, wasn't it!

I actually find these moves quite reminiscent of the Daicos brothers, when they were being tackled on Friday night.

💥💥💥💥💥 #アバンギャルディ #avantgardey - YouTube

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast