Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Round 1 1/2: the other games.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Nice to see Melbourne gave the Dogs a nice old towelling.
    It's a shame that the Demons couldn't manage one more point against the Dogs, or the Eagles lose by one point fewer. If that had happened, then the Pup Throwers would be on the bottom after round 1.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Much as I love the grand old lady, anz stadium, the precinct around could do a lot better for big events. Giants v north at late afternoon. Then pink in the evening. Parking sold out by pink supporters. Event buses only running for pink timeframe, kind of kills it for AFL fans.
    Even some basic stuff like a few event buses at 3pm, or safe storage sheds for pushbikes. Or heaven forbid, a train station that's used by more than one line.

Starting to look like last year's grand finalists will be collectively 0-4 at the end of the round. Possibly not a huge concern for them at this stage, but it should ensure that their match in two weeks time will be something of a cage fight.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Much as I love the grand old lady, anz stadium, the precinct around could do a lot better for big events. Giants v north at late afternoon. Then pink in the evening. Parking sold out by pink supporters. Event buses only running for pink timeframe, kind of kills it for AFL fans.
    Even some basic stuff like a few event buses at 3pm, or safe storage sheds for pushbikes. Or heaven forbid, a train station that's used by more than one line.
    There was plenty of parking in P3 Barry. It wasn't sold out. It was a 4:35 game, the Pink concert was on at night.
    Don't the special buses they have at the SCG only go to Central. There is a train station at Olympic Park. Who goes to
    the footy on a pushbike? Not really sure GWS v North is what is considered a major event like 60,000 people watching
    another grand old lady, Pink. I think you need to embrace the new name Accor too. Mega French hotel chain conglomerates
    have done so much for sport, we should all get behind them.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Starting to look like last year's grand finalists will be collectively 0-4 at the end of the round. Possibly not a huge concern for them at this stage, but it should ensure that their match in two weeks time will be something of a cage fight.
    In this weeks Footy Record, 10 of the 12 "experts" tipped the Lions to win the flag (we got one vote and so did the Magpies).
    We got one vote as the likely runner up, and GWS and Carlton got 4 runner-up votes each.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    In this weeks Footy Record, 10 of the 12 "experts" tipped the Lions to win the flag (we got one vote and so did the Magpies).
    We got one vote as the likely runner up, and GWS and Carlton got 4 runner-up votes each.
    The lowest position I've seen tipped for us was by journalist, Jonathan Horn, who reckoned we'd finish 13th. I think he's also a Collingwood supporter, so I suspect a few people might be reminding him of that prediction, in the comments section of his regular Monday column.

Senior Player
    It’s great to be 2-0, and for Collingwood and Pies to be 0-2.

But it is a long season and a lot can change.

We have been 2-0 (though not always against top 4 teams from previous years) after two rounds in the three previous years as well, and we didn’t go deep in the finals for two of them.

Veterans List
    As much as I admire your love for the 'grand old lady' Barry, surely she's not a 'grand old lady'....opened in March 1999, she's barely 25 years old.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 17th March 2024 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    There was plenty of parking in P3 Barry. It wasn't sold out. It was a 4:35 game, the Pink concert was on at night.
    Don't the special buses they have at the SCG only go to Central. There is a train station at Olympic Park. Who goes to
    the footy on a pushbike? Not really sure GWS v North is what is considered a major event like 60,000 people watching
    another grand old lady, Pink. I think you need to embrace the new name Accor too. Mega French hotel chain conglomerates
    have done so much for sport, we should all get behind them.
    It's not an event on its own, but it's caught up with the other event, so gets all the bad and none of the good.

I have a secret parking spot so don't worry about me. But all week they were telling AFL fans parking was sold out.

The location lets itself down to often on logistics

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    As much as I admire your love for the 'grand old lady' Barry, surely she's not a 'grand old lady'....opened in March 1999, she's barely 25 years old.
    In some cultures that's spinster age.

Veterans List
    In some cultures that's spinster age.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    And one of them will be in deep doo doo soon. They play each other in round 3. Whoever loses that game will be chasing their tail all season.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123