Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: Match thread: Swans v Magpies.

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    This has long been my pet obsession. I appreciate his injuries and form the last 18 months hadn't helped - but I can never get out of my head when he twice went into the centre square a few seasons back and won us games against Norf (early '22 from memory) and Essendon (late '21 from memory) we were on track to lose. He's got a real bit of mongrel in him, has a wiry strength, doesn't mind phsyical contact, and seems to have an instinct for clearance work. You'd never pop him in there 100 percent of the time, as he's too good a runner and you want him breaking lines too. But players with burst inside the contest are super dangerous.

It's why I've kept banging on about it, and as you say, good to see the coaches let him do it now he's back to full fitness.

I remember my old sparring partner on here, the Bloods, said he had potential to play like a Nigel Lappin and it was a good point of comparison. Let's hope he continues to flourish.
    These are our centre bounce attendance for the first two matches. It's an interesting mix and you'd probably only class Rowbottom and Jordon as big bodied mids, and neither are in there for the majority of bounces.

Brodie Grundy - 39. Isaac Heeney - 32.
    Chad Warner - 31.
    Errol Gulden - 22.
    James Rowbottom - 19.
    James Jordon - 18.
    Justin McInerney - 17.
    Tom Papley - 17.
    Hayden McLean - 13.

Which I guess means that we're usually going for quick to the ball and quick away from the contest. While I also guess that it throws more responsibility on the ruckmen to pound into the opposition's big bodied mids. Which I think Grundy and McLean are capable of doing.

I also wonder how much of the decision to put McInerney in the middle was McInerney generated? That is, with Mills always going to be missing, it would seem that the logical thing would have been to put Roberts in there, since he pretty well spent all of his time in the VFL as an inside mid. So I suspect that McInerney may have pestered Longmire with a fairly constant stream of, "No, Horse, I can do it".

Veterans List
    What an outstanding win, what a brilliant start to the season.

Just quietly - how good has Roberts been? Like most of us, I thought he had talent but he has effectively gone past our two time F&B winning stalwart Lloyd in a blink of an eye. He looks so assured and so comfortable and his defensive work is almost the equal of his outstanding offensive play. Stay fit young Matt!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Just quietly - how good has Roberts been?
    Very good! And even better in week 2 than week 1. May it continue.

Good to see an article focused on what the Swans did right, rather than another in the string of "OMG Collingwood lost what's wrong with them" articles. I found it a little disjointed and rambling in places, but worth a read. The Swans half-backs have been noticeably forward in the opening games.

High press, high reward: Did the Swans give the footy world a blueprint for beating Collingwood?

Warming the Bench redstarforever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    AFL FB page going off about the commentators’ bias and relentless focus on Collingwood. Pretty much all the non-Pies aligned fans are sick of it.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

yeah i cant listen to ch7 commentary anymore they’re full of it, none more so than bt! just want to punch him in the face how badly he overdoes it. like atleast show a bit of
    appreciation to the opposition ya goose.

just a joke

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718