Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Round 2 v Essendon

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Not quite. It’s their 200th game of playing together. What rookie list gems they’ve been.
    Ah that makes more sense because it didn't seem right. I didn't read the sentence properly in the Lloyd article.
    Yes they have been rookie gems. And what a great leader Rampe has been.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    So what are Jack and Smith on? Must be pretty similar to Grundy and Smith, I'd have thought.

And a highly related question: how many did Grundy, Jack and Smith play together? They have to be the leading trio. Though Cunningham, Lloyd and Rampe might get close.
    Yes, Jack and Smith played 194 together.

Trios - well now I'll have to figure out how to count every combination of 3 rather than 2 I'll get back to you on that one.

EDIT: OK - I think - Grundy + Jack + Smith = 184. Cunningham + Lloyd + Rampe = 148. I don't have a generic way to count trios yet, just did those ones "by hand".
    Last edited by neilfws; 20th March 2024 at 08:57 PM.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Thanks for correcting me re Redman.

Draper played in the 2s last weekend so should be for selection to the senior team this week.
    So the Injectors may play two rucks, Goldstein and a recovered Draper? Means Peter Wright probably full time at FF not having to relief ruck. Cunning plan

Fox out (ink) and Corey Warner in..
    More speed

Fox out - Warner in.
    Fox has had a very good start to the year and help make the forward line more dangerous, his defensive as well some nice forward craft have been a real bonus.

Warner most likely the sub, not much of a Fan reminds me of Dylan Stephens

inj

Senior Player
    Fox and his versatility, speed and pressure will be missed. Caleb Mitchell knocking on the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Fox and his versatility, speed and pressure will be missed. Caleb Mitchell knocking on the door.
    Yes, I did enjoy Fox's pressure last match and I thought he was a big reason why Collingwood had a lot of trouble rebounding. He generally seemed to be shutting down Collingwood players quicker than they were expecting. Corey Warner is athletic though, so hopefully he'll be able to do a similar job.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, I did enjoy Fox's pressure last match and I thought he was a big reason why Collingwood had a lot of trouble rebounding. He generally seemed to be shutting down Collingwood players quicker than they were expecting. Corey Warner is athletic though, so hopefully he'll be able to do a similar job.
    Warner maybe a better option as a sub, he provides more flexibility and Wicks has been quite good last 2 weeks as sub and deserves a full run

Quote Originally Posted by Dow View Post
    Warner maybe a better option as a sub, he provides more flexibility and Wicks has been quite good last 2 weeks as sub and deserves a full run
    Yes, Wicks deserves a go in the starting side. Which might see Papley spend a little bit more time in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, Wicks deserves a go in the starting side. Which might see Papley spend a little bit more time in midfield.
    Wicks has been good the last 2 games as sub, kicking a goal in each at important moments in the last quarter. However, I would like to keep blooding young Corey as barring further injuries he may find it difficult to break into the team. So I would leave Wicks as the sub again, but I can see Horse giving him a full game.

Shame about Foxy.

Warner a good choice of sub and Wicks a good replacement of Fox.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast