Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AHamilton, Sheppard guilty of drug possession - two match AFLW suspension

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries

AHamilton, Sheppard guilty of drug possession - two match AFLW suspension

'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Senior Player
    Unfortunate publicity I suppose, but as Brandon Jack wrote recently:

AFL players take cocaine just like a million other Australians. Get over it

The Girls will do anything to get on the main board at RWO.

The two in question have been named this morning by the SMH.

Disappointing of course for the club - but just a reflection of people at that age, and the fact footballers are just members of the community after all, and don't have special traits that make them any different in that regards.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Unfortunate publicity I suppose, but as Brandon Jack wrote recently:

AFL players take cocaine just like a million other Australians. Get over it
    Brandon's casualness about cocaine use is as tedious as he thinks people complaining about footballers' cocaine use are.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Brandon's casualness about cocaine use is as tedious as he thinks people complaining about footballers' cocaine use are.
    I would change your statement to "Brandon's casualness about cocaine use is as tedious as people complaining about footballers' cocaine use."

While it's not ideal, if it's in the off season, it's hardly a hanging offence. Let's face it, it's not like they're not on steroids and gaining a competitive advantage.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I would change your statement to "Brandon's casualness about cocaine use is as tedious as people complaining about footballers' cocaine use."

While it's not ideal, if it's in the off season, it's hardly a hanging offence. Let's face it, it's not like they're not on steroids and gaining a competitive advantage.
    No, I think Brandon is kidding himself when he ventures into the role model thing. The role model concept was likely dreamed up in
    the promo department of an American sporting league and a whole lot of other leagues around the world have drunk the Kool Aid
    and started believing it is actually "a thing". When in reality most parents would consider it an affront that some doofus sportsperson
    they don't know from a block of wood could possibly be a "role model" for their kid.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    The two in question have been named this morning by the SMH.

Disappointing of course for the club - but just a reflection of people at that age, and the fact footballers are just members of the community after all, and don't have special traits that make them any different in that regards.
    It's illegal. Stop making excuses. Show them the door.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Are you serious? Who cares?

They were having a bit of fun, and it was out of season. Regardless - and trust me - there's nothing performance-enhancing about it. The idea of running around a game of footy with a coke hangover ain't appealing.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Senior Player
    There is that (Big Cat's comment) of course. Regarding all sorts of laws there is always going to be a difference of opinion as to how
    serious an infringement of them may be, but the fact remains cocaine possession and usage is illegal. And footballers do know they
    aren't meant to use it and what the penalties are, and when they take their cheques (however puny they may be) they do sign up
    that they are going to behave themselves.
    I guess they'll get suspended for a year or two like the bloke at Melbourne. They'll live, and the game will go on without them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Where did I make excuses for them at all? Indeed, I didn't pass any thought or judgment about what an appropriate punishment would be. I will leave that as a matter for the club and the AFL to decide upon, in line with their policies.

Simply reflected on the fact that, footballers are by and large just like anyone else in the community. Just as likely to dabble in actions such as that, that's all.

I have no view on punishments per say in this space one way or the other. Unlike you in that regard - seems like you'd be happy to hang, draw and quarter them right now.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Looks like the Swans are human after all, some supporters believe the Swans are above this sort of behaviour, I personally don’t care what they do in there personal time as long as it doesn’t start to effect there work time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast