Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 3: the other games.

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Good to see Dyl doing well at North. Just didn't either take his chances, or we weren't patient enough for him. Either way, I have no ill will towards him (unlike Dawson...).

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk
    He’s had a couple of good moments, but like his time with us he’s faded out of the game. He’s got the talent, but consistency is a big issue. I sincerely hope he finds his way and becomes a permanent fixture in the Roos team.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    The Freo Crows game is pretty putrid and boy the Crows are stinking it up this year. For such a high scoring side last year their forward of centre play is awful. Enjoy Dawson.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    The Freo Crows game is pretty putrid and boy the Crows are stinking it up this year. For such a high scoring side last year their forward of centre play is awful. Enjoy Dawson.
    I saw the first half and Adelaide kept kicking wide to wings and made little or effort to go down the guts. I suspect Mathew Nicks will be in the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I saw the first half and Adelaide kept kicking wide to wings and made little or effort to go down the guts. I suspect Mathew Nicks will be in the gun.
    Putrid is a generous description of this truly awful game. Adelaide didn’t score a goal for almost an hour and couldn’t hit a row of barn walls a kilometre long. Walker looked their only dangerous forward, which is amazing when he’s as old as Methuselah.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Didn't see any of last night's game, but against the Suns, the Crows reminded me of an NFL team whose offence looks inept for most of a half, but suddenly moves the ball well when the two minute warning sounds. So, I wasn't really sure who the real Crows were. Then against Geelong, they played the sort of game that almost guarantees a Cats win. That is, plenty of straight ahead, scrubbed kicks to contests, interspersed with long bombs to Tom Stewart. And last night, while I didn't watch the game, I did check the Perth weather and was surprised that it wasn't a wet weather game; since their scoring suggested otherwise.

There's a tough couple of weeks ahead, as well. Hosting Melbourne in Gather Round, then away to Carlton. So, fairly easily to envisage them being 0/5, and without the skills to recover.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    He signed a 2 year extension a week ago so the only ones in the gun will be the club’s board shooting themselves in the foot

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Gocygnet and I often watch the crows train when we go to the library on daddy/daughter day (as their training ground is next door). He sometimes waves at her as they jog past so he’s not all bad (although she not often wearing her Swans top).

Back just in time for kick off, then. Think I might prefer Melbourne to win, as Port might be more of a threat to us.

Senior Player
    Stringer won the game for the Bombers with some massive key moments in the fourth quarter, including a set shot bomb from outside 50 from what looked like over 45 degrees.

He was very under par in the first half, but rose to the occasion when the game was there to be won.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Stringer won the game for the Bombers with some massive key moments in the fourth quarter, including a set shot bomb from outside 50 from what looked like over 45 degrees.

He was very under par in the first half, but rose to the occasion when the game was there to be won.
    Yeah, how annoying is that? They'll be gleefully spruiking 'the edge' now.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 30th March 2024 at 08:06 PM.

I suspect that Ratugolea will be asked, "what were you thinking", a number of times this week, after marking that shot over the line.

Senior Player
    Have seen Ben McKay play two weeks in a row (a rarity in itself lol), and am so glad he chose the Bombers over us.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast