Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 4 (Gather Round) - vs Eagles at Mt Barker, Adelaide Hills, at 1:30 PM, Saturday 6 April 2024

Senior Player

Rnd 4 (Gather Round) - vs Eagles at Mt Barker, Adelaide Hills, at 1:30 PM, Saturday 6 April 2024

Chance to re-find our pressure and form in our last game before daylight savings end.

Also bank some percentage like GWS etc have done.

Will be very disappointed if we don't win by 40+ here.

Hopefully Cunningham is ready. Fox to go back to defence for Rampe.

For me:

Ins: Cunningham, Adams (as sub)
    Outs: Rampe (injury), Corey Warner (give Mitchel a second game)

Reading the West the Eagles seem to be setting themselves for this one, I hope the boys find some focus or we could there first win.

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Out: Lloyd has to go!

Blakey can lace up a pass from the kick out, he just aimlessly kicks to a pack which is a 50/50.

That where his possessions come from, and he has no speed.

When McCartin was getting beaten, there was no help from others in the backline.

Our forward line needs a look at: McLean and Alartey had total shockers, McDonald was a bit better but no shinning star.

Richmond is a team which will finish in the bottom four.

It would be nice to say we had some backmen in the 2s ready to be called up

But we have not drafted any backmen ever; Ramp is injured, which will continue to happen to 34 year olds, are Hamling and Francis ready?
    doof-doof

Outs

Rampe
    McLean
    Mitchell

Ins

Francis
    Ladhams
    Adam’s

Adams will give more in the midfield than Mitchell. McLean is not holding enough marks up forward and is not providing a good enough chop out on the rucks. Ladhams gets his shot. I would play Grundy a lot on the bench in the first half and then sub out Ladhams 10 minutes into the 2nd half and turn the rest of the game over to Grundy.

I like Francis as a like for like for Rampe.

I also worry about the Don Pyke influence at West Coast. The Swans modern age brand of ball movement was designed by Don Pyke. He could advise the West Coast coaching staff on how to break the Swans down.

Stuart Dew could always beat the Swans whilst at the Gold Coast. I worry Don Pyke would do the same to the Swans at West Coast.

Veterans List
    Like others on the match thread, I was eminently unimpressed by Jordon's game on the weekend. I recognise he's still young, but he was very soft in several critical contests. Needs to do much better than that if he wants to be still around when the cavalry arrives.

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    Out: Lloyd has to go!

Blakey can lace up a pass from the kick out, he just aimlessly kicks to a pack which is a 50/50.

That where his possessions come from, and he has no speed.

When McCartin was getting beaten, there was no help from others in the backline.

Our forward line needs a look at: McLean and Alartey had total shockers, McDonald was a bit better but no shinning star.

Richmond is a team which will finish in the bottom four.

It would be nice to say we had some backmen in the 2s ready to be called up

But we have not drafted any backmen ever; Ramp is injured, which will continue to happen to 34 year olds, are Hamling and Francis ready?
    If you watched the seconds you will realise nothing much is coming through. The Richmond full forward has about 5 shots at goals directly in front and missed every one of them. 12 point margin was generous to us. I hate the way we are developing the young ones in the VFL for future AFL playing. But that discussion is for another day!

Senior Player
    Injury update: Rampe 3-4 weeks, might get Cunningham back, no one else is ready.

Injury Update: Rampe sidelined with hamstring strain

Regular in the Side
    Still nothing on Buller but he would not be in contention anyway. Wicks ???

Quote Originally Posted by Trever View Post
    Outs

Rampe
    McLean
    Mitchell

Ins

Francis
    Ladhams
    Adam’s

Adams will give more in the midfield than Mitchell. McLean is not holding enough marks up forward and is not providing a good enough chop out on the rucks. Ladhams gets his shot. I would play Grundy a lot on the bench in the first half and then sub out Ladhams 10 minutes into the 2nd half and turn the rest of the game over to Grundy.

I like Francis as a like for like for Rampe.
    Based on the season to date, id give Mclean another chance ahead of Amartey.

Leave him and Logan fwd and upto the wing.

Amartey has been given the royal treatment played soley as a fwd, Mclean is cooked by the time he gets down there.

now only 7 players out.............and a couple that may return this weekend
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post

now only 7 players out.............and a couple that may return this weekend
    An interesting update. My slightly optimistic appraisal:

Rampe 3-4 weeks
    Cunningham - test
    Parker - not sure, 2-3 weeks?
    Mills - 8 weeks?
    Hamling - test
    Arnold - 10 weeks
    Sheldrick - 1 week

The only ones who may be available are Cunningham and Hamling.

I expect Adams will be available for selection as well.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast