Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Round 5: the other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Was the 2016 game when Towers should have kicked short to Buddy, but he went long to Tippett (I think)? Tippett should have been paid a free, (which of course the umpire missed), and Richmond took the ball to their forward line and kicked a goal after the siren to win the game. I was at that game .
    After the b#@%$^Y ball bounced sideways away from Mills.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    Sydney has won only 3 of its last 10 games at the MCG. Losses to good teams like Melbourne and Collingwood are understandable, but those losses included losses to Essendon (2022) and two losses to Richmond in the past 12 months.

Sydney has a habit of dropping winnable games against Richmond. Most of the losses to Richmond in the last 25 years have happened when Richmond finished lower on the ladder than Sydney.

Egregious examples:
    * Sydney lost by a point to Richmond in 2016 when Sydney finished on top of the ladder and Richmond were well out of contention; Sydney flogged Richmond by over 100 points later in the season.
    * 2004: Sydney made finals, Richmond finished last with four wins. Richmond won at the SCG by 13 points in round 7. It was Richmond's first win outside Victoria since Round 10, 2001 and they would not win again outside Victoria until round 9, 2005.
    I believe we lost to them by a point in 2005, as well. Will be very happy to suck up that loss if the season pans out the same way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345