Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Round 6: the other games.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    They won't be close to bottom four unless the injury curse revisits.

I do wonder what the long term effect will be on them, though. They are getting significant contributions from the likes of Yeo, Darling, Cripps, Kelly, McGovern, Barrass. That's not surprising. They are quality players. But, Reid aside, it's hard to tell how much genuine star power there is amongst their younger players.

I do think they're set for a forward line into the medium future, though. Waterman (25yo) has been great this year, Maric and Jack Williams look very promising, and of course there's Allen to come back.
    Spot on, they’re a mile off their long term needs. They’ve got barely anyone in the 23-28 age range. Allan and Barrass are excellent, then a couple of plodders in Duggan and Cole. Compare to that what we had in 2020 and 21: Mills, Paps and Heeney as A graders, then Ollie, Hayward Lloyd and Cunningham as solid citizens.

I do like Reid and Gibney enormously Cheesher has potential, and they’ve got some good role players like Williams, Hough and Long. But that’s it. It’s a long way from the group we had in Chad, McCartin, McDonald, Gulden, Rowie, McInerney, Blakey etc.

Mind you, there is always the dumb luck element to this. Norf knocking over the Suns late last year gifted Reid to WC, and Paps poor goal kicking in the final game of 2020 meant we were able to claim McDonald.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Just move the Roos to Tasmania. They shouldve been merged with Gold Coast like 15 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Just move te Roos to Tasmania. They shouldve been merged with Gold Coast like 15 years ago.
    I prefer moving them to the VFL.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I have no sympathy for them either - I'm with you!

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    I have no sympathy for them either - I'm with you!
    Either or!

Not a fan either! The AFL needs to grow a spine and get rid of teams like North if they're serious about it being an Australian game

2 'master coach' losses today; I'm sort of pleased

Veterans List
    The look on the face of Clarkson was one of "how did I get myself into this". David Noble wasn't a bad coach after all.

Veterans List
    Be putting the begging bowl out again this season for more draft assistance?

Let's be frank, they rank 18th in importance to the AFL and just don't look like making progress, albeit they've got a lot of young talent.

Could Norf go winless this season? Will older players sign new contracts or abscond to greener pastures because finals look unlikely or at all for several seasons.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post

Let's be frank, they rank 18th in importance to the AFL and just don't look like making progress, albeit they've got a lot of young talent.

Could Norf go winless this season? Will older players sign new contracts or abscond to greener pastures because finals look unlikely or at all for several seasons.
    Could they go winless. I checked the draw, and to my relief we don't play North at Marvel. If North don't turn around their fortunes by 2026 then they will be a major embarrassment to the AFL when Tassie comes in.

Veterans List
    Went to the Pies Port game on Saturday - great fun being at the 'G with the Pies Army in full voice. They were very impressive after qr time, though very reliant on De Goey in particular to get them going.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post

They're likely to be 19th after Tasmania enter the competition. If they're still struggling and if there's some sort of reaction against every round having a bye, then they might be the team most in mind, when the talk turns to rationalisation.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123