Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Match thread: Swans v Hawks.

Veterans List
    Ok something is up with Blakey. Has he had a needle in his foot/ankle? He is constantly miss timing the ball today..

Good win but the opposition wasn't very good. I fear for next week, I don't think we are performing brilliantly.

Well we will see...

Senior Player
    Well we have the highest percentage by a wide margin. Doing well, Swannies. Who goes to make room for Parker, Mills and Rampe?

Solid win 👍now for a test against our arch rivals - what we can take out of today is we have a lot of contributors at the moment and premiships sides are built on this in my opinion

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    A funny game given how poor the opposition were. (Boy, they are years away from it and have probably nailed McKenzie and Weddle as recent draft picks, and that’s it.) But we were clean, chock full of pressure and did it easily despite never really getting out of third gear.

Ollie, Heeney and Warner probably 3-2-1 for me. The double act of Ollie and Blakey bouncing out of defence and through the middle of the ground is a sight to see. Our run was helped by the fact that it was probably Lloyd’s best game of the year, and I say that as someone who’s been dubious about his form this year.

As for Warner, that’s the best defensive game he’s played. He was ferocious at the tackle and it adds a whole new dimension to his game. All credit to him. It’s never been his one wood and he was brilliant today.

McCartin and Melican weren’t against much, but were fantastic. It was probably the most all round game Logan has played. And Jordon is making it exceptionally difficult for him to be the one squeezed out when Parker and Mills return.

And meant to say, loved Wicks’ game. There were three or four times when he simply got a hand in to scruff or release the ball from an opposition defender who was trying to start the spread from the contest.

We’ve got a big five or six weeks ahead with a tougher draw, but you can’t ask for anything more to date.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Pushing for Selection
    Really proud of Sam Wicks. Having come through what he has and performed at a high level the last two weeks is impressive. Well done Sam.

What the hell is happening with the crowd. 38,000 on a good day for two popular teams.

Should be an enquiry and alarm bells ringing at the AFL.

Veterans List
    Wow, RWO is back.

My first comment is WTF is going on with this website of late? For a number of weeks now, one goes to refresh a page only to be regularly met with the messages "data base error" or "page timed out, try again".

It's very frustrating and I wish it would stop....and by the looks of this thread , ie: three pages long, it looks like it affected everyone. Get it together administrators.....why is this happening, constantly?

Now, onto the game....great win by the lads, it was never in doubt to me.....I was confident we would get a result like today. The Tigers game served as a warning and the players responded well to the 'challenge' of smashing a bottom side.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trever View Post
    Really proud of Sam Wicks. Having come through what he has and performed at a high level the last two weeks is impressive. Well done Sam.

What the hell is happening with the crowd. 38,000 on a good day for two popular teams.

Sure it was the 'G but it was an away game for us and fairweather Hawk fans knew what was coming today and most stayed at home. It was 3rd v 17th. 38,000 is probably about right. If the same number turned up at the SCG, no one would be complaining.

Yes, Wicks has been impressive since his return.

Senior Player
    Probably not the best test before next week but a nice percentage booster with some great individual performances. Perhaps they have finally realised that allowing junk time goals can hurt percentage later in the season.

We all know and love the superstars but I am liking 3 players who have really seized their opportunity and settled into the side this season: Melican, Roberts and Jordon. The backline has stayed solid in Rampe's absence, and Jordon has worked hard in every game I've seen him play.

I'm really looking forward to the next game, it will be a great test of where they are at and could be a cracker if both sides go hard.

This round has had the highest attendance of any home and away round of football in AFL history.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    This round has had the highest attendance of any home and away round of football in AFL history.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Wow. Just checked. 3 big Melbourne team contests at the MCG have pushed the numbers up.

I still believe more Hawks supporters could have shown up. Buddy was being honoured and he’s a hero of both clubs. Also no F1 Grand Prix this weekend so no alternative sport distraction.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Wow. Just checked. 3 big Melbourne team contests at the MCG have pushed the numbers up.

I still believe more Hawks supporters could have shown up. Buddy was being honoured and he’s a hero of both clubs. Also no F1 Grand Prix this weekend so no alternative sport distraction.
    Their team is crap, it’s a long drive from Toorak and did I mention, their team is crap.

Clarko did a total number on their list before he left. There’s focus on Norf understandably, and Richmond and Weagles have a mile to go, but there’s an argument the Dawks are as bereft of real talent as anyone.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    The 4 o’clock Sunday starting time has been an issue for years for all clubs and nothing has changed.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast