Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 8 vs GWS at the SCG on Saturday May 4th at 1:45pm 2024.

I think sometimes Longmire just can’t get the best out of certain players. I am hoping Campbell is not one of them. Why he plays him in the backline when his primary skill is forward of the ball I am not sure. Why can Campbell not do the role of wicks is beyond me. And if he cant really do that job he is in big trouble. He just needs to find a way. Just too good a kick to not be playing the game in best 22

Quote Originally Posted by SwanSand View Post
    I think sometimes Longmire just can’t get the best out of certain players. I am hoping Campbell is not one of them. Why he plays him in the backline when his primary skill is forward of the ball I am not sure. Why can Campbell not do the role of wicks is beyond me. And if he cant really do that job he is in big trouble. He just needs to find a way. Just too good a kick to not be playing the game in best 22
    Absolutely,

Harry, Lloyd have been good
    Amartey deserves a month in 2s
    Wicks has been good but Campbell and Sheldrick have A Class potential. They need to be slotted in.

Ladhams too, streets ahead of Amartey, Horse loves competitors, can hardly see that with Amartey atm, gifted games when others would be dropped.

Sheldrick was getting a bit of it last year on limited time, would love to see him with full minutes.

Campbell would have never made a defensive play as a junior, would have only gone fwd and had opposition worry about him. We play him as a defender and now he has lost all his dare and dash. I doubt he plays as a defender in the 2s this weekend.
    He had a few games last year wing high half fwd, need to get him in there again.

Fire up

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Absolutely,

Harry, Lloyd have been good
    Amartey deserves a month in 2s
    Wicks has been good but Campbell and Sheldrick have A Class potential. They need to be slotted in.

Ladhams too, streets ahead of Amartey, Horse loves competitors, can hardly see that with Amartey atm, gifted games when others would be dropped.

Sheldrick was getting a bit of it last year on limited time, would love to see him with full minutes.

Campbell would have never made a defensive play as a junior, would have only gone fwd and had opposition worry about him. We play him as a defender and now he has lost all his dare and dash. I doubt he plays as a defender in the 2s this weekend.
    He had a few games last year wing high half fwd, need to get him in there again.
    Agree on Amarety - saved only by the amount of goals he’s kicked - Ladhams would have had a game by now if he didn’t keep blowing dying the 2s lol I am hoping Buller can have a solid block on the 2s and get his shot if Amartey does get it together. As for Campbell and Sheldrick there just not ready yet - they will get there chance (Sheldrick coming back from injury and Campbell needs serious game time in the middle)

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    With the wet track at the SCG,I wish we had Sheldrick and Ladhams in our side for their toughness. Have a bad feeling we are going to struggle today.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor 01 View Post
    With the wet track at the SCG,I wish we had Sheldrick and Ladhams in our side for their toughness. Have a bad feeling we are going to struggle today.
    There's a more obvious candidate than those two - can't quite believe Parker hasn't been selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Dow View Post
    Agree on Amarety - saved only by the amount of goals he’s kicked - Ladhams would have had a game by now if he didn’t keep blowing dying the 2s lol I am hoping Buller can have a solid block on the 2s and get his shot if Amartey does get it together. As for Campbell and Sheldrick there just not ready yet - they will get there chance (Sheldrick coming back from injury and Campbell needs serious game time in the middle)
    Does a game in the middle in the 2s help him for the role they are giving him in the league ?

He is a mid fwd, totally not what he is playing atm

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Does a game in the middle in the 2s help him for the role they are giving him in the league ?

He is a mid fwd, totally not what he is playing atm
    I believe it does, I really do, he won’t get many minutes in our midfield right now so let’s build his time in the middle in the 2s untill his results or injury force a rethink. -

I’m guessing Francis on the bench this weekend coming or is that too much of a risk not carrying a mid ?

I don’t mind Francis when it comes to a punch and spoil plus he can mark

Probably a safe bet unless we are taking a 3 plus week view ?

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    I’m guessing Francis on the bench this weekend coming or is that too much of a risk not carrying a mid ?

I don’t mind Francis when it comes to a punch and spoil plus he can mark

Probably a safe bet unless we are taking a 3 plus week view ?
    It'll be fascinating. Do we go mobile and depend on Fox; experience with Francis; or take the punt on Edwards?

I'm not a huge fan of Francis, though to be fair - he has arguably been the best of the defenders in the twos. My one query on him is whether he has the athletic profile to play true KPD at AFL (I could see him maybe as an intercepter). I'd be stunned if Hamling gets a look in as he hasn't done anything in the twos as a defender.

I'd love to see Edwards get a run, but I suspect Horse will go with Fox.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by Dow View Post
    I believe it does, I really do, he won’t get many minutes in our midfield right now so let’s build his time in the middle in the 2s untill his results or injury force a rethink. -
    WA papers already talking about Sheldrick for West Coast
    Will only get louder if he stays in the 2s

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    It'll be fascinating. Do we go mobile and depend on Fox; experience with Francis; or take the punt on Edwards?

I'm not a huge fan of Francis, though to be fair - he has arguably been the best of the defenders in the twos. My one query on him is whether he has the athletic profile to play true KPD at AFL (I could see him maybe as an intercepter). I'd be stunned if Hamling gets a look in as he hasn't done anything in the twos as a defender.

I'd love to see Edwards get a run, but I suspect Horse will go with Fox.
    Agree re Fox in the 22
    Francis as player 23 ?
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast