Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 8: the other games.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Carlton, despite obvious progress, still have a soft underbelly. Don't apply the level of pressure they need to, and the 'blue sea' parted for that winning goal at the end.

Not a bad result for us however - though a draw would arguably have been better.
    Spot on - I was away for their triumphal march thru September last year, but what I've seen the last two weeks is very much the Blues of old: fabulous personnel with some great individual performances, but a lack of the process, leadership and ticker that separates the great teams.

BTW I think Vossy would agree with me given his comments after the Cats game.

Veterans List
    Last night a Collingwood talkback caller bemoaned that all we hear about is Harley Reid this and Harley Reid that. He said we need to be talking more about Nick Daicos 😂.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Port were awful!
    I hope Port are just as awful when we play them late in the season. Sydney's the only team that has not beaten Port Adelaide in the last 7 years and that's embarrassing.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm hoping that Melbourne beats Geelong. Any margin will do. The Cats need to lose so Sydney can take their place at the top of the ladder.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Was embarrassing the whole Daicos Snr dribbling on live TV last night after the game.

No doubting his talent, but give me silky Errol any day.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    I'm at the Melbourne v Geelong game wearing my Swans scarf. I've seen 4 other Swans supporters at the game. We are out and about tonight 🙂.

The goal kicking accuracy in this game is terrible. Not one goal was scored in the second quarter. Channel 7 won't be too happy!

The skills from Geelong have been average.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I'm at the Melbourne v Geelong game wearing my Swans scarf. I've seen 4 other Swans supporters at the game. We are out and about tonight 🙂.

The goal kicking accuracy in this game is terrible. Not one goal was scored in the second quarter. Channel 7 won't be too happy!

The skills from Geelong have been average.
    Cheering the Demons on, so we can get to top spot?

Veterans List
    We will end the round on top! Thanks Dees.

West Coast are only down by nine points against Essendon late in the third quarter. The Eagles have improved quite a bit in the last month.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    West Coast are only down by nine points against Essendon late in the third quarter. The Eagles have improved quite a bit in the last month.
    That would top the day off nicely, seeing the 'Edgendon' getting beaten!

Bailey Fritchs goal of the year saw the Cats go down , v long odds to do that (although I guess they practice it heaps).

Sydney will end the round on top of the ladder. It's amazing how many so-called experts are still not taking the Swans seriously while being effusive over Geelong.

Sydney's wins, top 3 teams by ladder position: GWS Giants (3), Melbourne (4), Essendon (5). Percentage 147.0.
    Geelong's wins, top 3 teams by ladder position: Carlton (8), Bulldogs (11 - game in progress), Adelaide (12). Percentage 129.5.

Bulldogs lose to Hawks.

The Beveridge pressure mounts. Would love to see the back of him

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast