Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 8 Match Thread: Swans v GWS at SCG

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries

Round 8 Match Thread: Swans v GWS at SCG

Fox confirmed as sub.

And maybe Iā€™m getting old and sentimental but this speech from Wilbur presenting Ollie his jumper for his 150th is quite lovely.

https://x.com/sydneyswans/status/178...178256573?s=61
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

I just also started a match thread, so I'll just paste what I wrote to here and then try to delete the surplus thread.

There's no late changes and subs are Fox for us and Thomas for the Giants.

Having just checked the radar, it looks like a brief spell of heavy rain is about to hit the ground. However, for much of the game, it should be intermittent heavy showers, rather than continual rain. Though of course, that still means that it'll be slippery conditions. And it's a bit hard to predict how that will effect the game. It might actually advantage us, since for much of the year, we've had a preference for kicking rather than handballing, while both running hard into space and applying plenty of pressure to the opposition. On the other hand, if it becomes difficult to move the ball with any fluency, then the Giants might be able to outmuscle us at the contests and win a war of attrition.

Perhaps a little bit surprisingly, we've been favourites all week, according to the AFL site. Early in the week, we were at $1.86, then we gradually firmed into $1.75, but there seems to be some late money for the Giants, and last time I looked, we were back out to $1.84. Which I guess means there's plenty of uncertainty about the outcome.

Warming the Bench redstarforever's Avatar
    rampe in? šŸ‘šŸ‘

I can't seem to delete the other thread using my phone, so perhaps a handy mod will be able to get rid of it or lock it? Cheers.

Veterans List
    Another run down tackle by Hayward! That's 3 weeks in a row.

Of course, if the Giants want to outmuscle us, they've got to get past Rowbottom.

we really should have scored at least two

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Of course, if the Giants want to outmuscle us, they've got to get past Rowbottom.
    ubetcha

It looks like they are better in the air than we are- so we need to do some scrambling?

Just an idle thought- we're lucky that they are missing quite easy shots at the moment...

well yeah contestant possessions i think we're amongst the worst we gotta go around em

- - - Updated - - -

man we have to make our chances count ffs

Veterans List
    That was poor manning up on Brown. He was on his own for ages and I knew he was going to mark it.

Some really poor disposal by us- particularly by foot- but GWS are a good team ....Pity they have no supporters...

Nice Goal!

I'm enjoying this game so far- good contest and good to see what our level is too...

Tom Green seems to be injured. Big blow for the Giants if he's not coming back.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast