Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Round 9 vs Fremantle at Optus 10 May 2024

In the trade section there has been some criticism of past 1st round picks by the club.

We have to give credit where it’s due. Three of the off-season recruits Grundy, Jordan and Adams have been very important to the early part of the season. They all look happy, rejuvenated and playing important roles.

With the addition of Adam’s and Jordan our midfield now looks so dynamic and stacked that Parker get a game.

Our ruck division of Grundy, Ladhams, Macandrew and Green looks absolutely formidable with future growth potential.

Well done recruiting team.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    What’s wrong with Papley at the moment? Not just tonight’s game, but for quite a few weeks.
    He was limping during one of the games a couple of weeks back, (I think the Hawks one), so he is probably carrying something.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Was it the same goal umpire that called touched/for a replay on the Lloyd goal that looked pretty obviously a goal who then called behinds on the 2 Freo shots later in the game? I have to admit I thought they were both goals.
    I also thought they were both goals, (so did the commentators). The second one on replay did look like it missed.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post

My comment was posted out of frustration. I can't recall being as frustrated watching a game that we won so comfortably. I'm very happy we took the points from a tricky road trip, but I felt Freo were by far the better team apart from our ability to go forward enough times each game with laser-like precision.
    I was frustrated as well. I felt the same during the Hawks game, even though the result was never in doubt.

I guess it's a positive that even though we are winning, there is room for improvement.

Veterans List
    What was up with all the Not 15 calls by the umpires? In some cases they were calling it before the ball had even been marked. Most of them looked fine to me, (but I may be biased.)

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    What was up with all the Not 15 calls by the umpires? In some cases they were calling it before the ball had even been marked. Most of them looked fine to me, (but I may be biased.)
    It does suggest they'd gone into the game with a focus on the Swans' use of short kicks. If any of the ones they called were short of 15m, it was only by a tiny amount. There are far more obviously short kicks regularly paid as marks - particularly within forward lines - than any of those called play on on Friday.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Always funny to read the post match comments after a good win.....FFS, you'd think we'd lost.

Sitting one game clear on top.....and having some of our fans doubt we'll stand up in September....or even in home and away games against "good" teams.

So glad I'm an optimist....it's so much easier achieving happiness and contentment.....I have faith that we're also a "good" team. Go Swans!
    Yes, I don't think any of us would have thought at the start of the season that we'd be 8 and 1 after 9 rounds!

Sure, we can get better and there are a few other teams that, on their day, are as good as us. But it's been a bloody good ride so far and I'm looking forward to it continuing.

GO BLOODS!

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    Liz,
    Rarely would I disagree with you, but I am going to on this one.
    With the value of hindsight, and having watched the replay, the Swans kicked 8 out of the first 10 goals from 30 meters or less with precision kicking and handball into the forward 50.
    Freo on the other hand were taking most of their shots from 40 to 50 meters out due to the applied pressure from the Swans defence making it more difficult.
    I think we should also acknowledge that the goal review umpire would have reviewed the shots which I believe is standard practice

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by BRS328 View Post
    Liz,
    Rarely would I disagree with you, but I am going to on this one.
    With the value of hindsight, and having watched the replay, the Swans kicked 8 out of the first 10 goals from 30 meters or less with precision kicking and handball into the forward 50.
    Freo on the other hand were taking most of their shots from 40 to 50 meters out due to the applied pressure from the Swans defence making it more difficult.
    I think we should also acknowledge that the goal review umpire would have reviewed the shots which I believe is standard practice
    I'm not sure what we're disagreeing about. What does this observation (which I agree with) have to do with anything I've posted?

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    I thought it was another professional win, not an exciting game but we did what we had to.

We shifted into game management mode from probably mid way through the third with an eye on next week similar to how we ran out the hawks game. Can’t complain if we start well against the Blues on Friday.

Warner is having a great season, really back to his 2022 best and adds a different dimension to our mids.

Again I think Florent is very underrated and (imo at least) the barometer for our team. When he plays well we normally win.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post

The Freo spectators behind us were talking up Almartey and his efforts. Funny how many of our supporters thinks he isn’t involved enough.
    Its only funny when we supporters pretend Amartey brings that effort every week.

Freo supporters probably think Amiss is the best young fwd in the comp, based on the 1 game i saw id say probably not

Its perspective

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Its only funny when we supporters pretend Amartey brings that effort every week.

Freo supporters probably think Amiss is the best young fwd in the comp, based on the 1 game i saw id say probably not

Its perspective
    Spot on !

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast