Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 10: the other games.

Round 10: the other games.

Hopefully North played the Suns back into form and they continue their Darwin winning streak, at the expense of Geelong tonight.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Giants beat the Bulldogs on Saturday. While the Giants are more of a threat to our ladder position, a Bulldogs loss would almost see them out of finals contention. Then we can come along and finish the job next week.

The last four games of the round seem a bit one-sided, but I've got an inkling that an inexplicable upset or two might occur. Unfortunately though, I'm a bit too gutless to name when and where.

Good that the Suns are starting to kick away. Since they're probably more acclimatised to the hot and humid conditions, it'll be hard for Geelong to stage a comeback.

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately, while I was typing that, two Suns limped off.

Suns just flicked the switch to bury Geelong in a 10 min period. Geelong are looking enjoyably second rate right now

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Suns making Geelong look second rate at the moment.

I thought a Geelong player flicking the ball into the face of team mate, Gryan Miers, was a nice end to the half.

Anderson, Rowell and Miller are killing them in the middle. Though I suspect that Geelong fans would have an issue with the 17-3 free kick count. As might Chris Scott. But I can't really recall any dodgy decisions.

Veterans List
    Geelong are just letting the Suns easily waltz through.

I’m just really enjoying all the delighted faces behind the fence, all just loving the AFL coming to the town of my childhood.
    Also hoping for a Suns victory.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    I'm enjoying how easily the Suns are accounting for Geelong.

Geelong is overrated IMO. Channel 7 is saying in their coverage that Geelong is "highly rated" but I don't buy it. The highest-ranked team that Geelong has defeated is Carlton (7th). All their other wins have been against lower-ranked sides: Western Bulldogs (11th), Adelaide (12th), Brisbane (13th), St Kilda (14th), Hawthorn (15th), North Melbourne (18th). Their losses are Melbourne (4th) and Port Adelaide (6th).

I expect the Suns to finish higher on the ladder this year than Geelong.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    I hope we win a flag before GC work it out completely. It’s gonna be scary as @@@@ once they do.

And yay Geelong’s percentage being smashed to smithereens

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    I hope we win a flag before GC work it out completely. It’s gonna be scary as @@@@ once they do.

And yay Geelong’s percentage being smashed to smithereens
    Yes. Hardwick shows he’s the Lewis Hamilton of the AFL when it comes to timing career decisions.

Apologies to Red and White for my constant posting. There’s an F1 race this weekend so my attention will be diverted this weekend

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    And to think St Kilda could have had King over his brother, as well as Petracca over P McCartin, Bont over Billings, and Naughton over Hunter Clark. But hey they won the trade where they got Dougal Howard

Goal after the siren after another free kick, was a nice end to that quarter, too.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast