Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 10: Swans v Blues @ SCG

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Possibly my highlight of the game, was Harry going for a gallop through the centre square and kicking one from just inside the fifty.
    Brilliant, wasn’t it. And didn’t he enjoy it!
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Love the way we lulled them into a false sense of security in the first quarter. Fair dinkum, after Carlton kicked their 4th goal, they carried on like they had the premiership in the bag!

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Brilliant, wasn’t it. And didn’t he enjoy it!
    Looked like everyone else in the team did, too!
    We’re in a rich vein of form; long may it continue. When I was a kid I used to dream of the Swans being an awesome team; if we’re not awesome already, we’re pretty close to it!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

And the Blues will already be trying to discover some magic as the Suns (who they play next) put 160 pts on the Cats on Thursday night

Wow wee

For me I can’t stop watching the inside work of James Rowbottom

Live at the game he was a monster last night

That 2nd and 3rd qtr he just extracted and chased down anything within 50m of the contest

Does anyone think he can beat the 20 tackle record in one game ?

Even Francis was good.

Senior Player
    So we trounce the Blues, with McCartin and Mills out injured, and the VFL talk is about how the Blues are decimated. Typical.

Round 10: Swans v Blues @ SCG

Quote Originally Posted by Trever View Post
    It’s the only chance for Luke Parker to get a game in the seniors next week. On current form Parker can’t dislodge Jordan or Rowbottom as they play brilliant complementary roles to Chad and Heeney.
    Channel 7 are reporting that Parker is set to miss a few weeks for a bump that put his opponent in hospital.

When he does get back in, I think he will be replacing someone up forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    So we trounce the Blues, with McCartin and Mills out injured, and the VFL talk is about how the Blues are decimated. Typical.
    They might be talking about the Blues injuries, but make no mistake everyone in the media is talking up the Swans.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Carlton's "outs" weren't bad enough to stop them from kicking the first 4 goals and have the lead at quarter time!

But despite their great start, the Blues folded when placed under serious pressure. And that's typical, too.

Go you mighty Bloods! Just love, love, love beating Carlton!!

That was an awesome (balmy) night at the SCG, so many people, nearly ran over quite a few (only Blues tragics) on my bicycle getting in and out.

Kudos to the conditioning staff to get them up for this game post the Perth trip. They are as fit as fleas.

This is a team full of camaraderie and belief. The five early goals to them didnt phase the Swans at all.
    Buddy has gone to grow his own veggies (of course we’d all love to do that (but we have to work). We miss him terribly.

But do we , this group have morphed into something different and its so exciting to watch .

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    And the Blues will already be trying to discover some magic as the Suns (who they play next) put 160 pts on the Cats on Thursday night

Wow wee

For me I can’t stop watching the inside work of James Rowbottom

Live at the game he was a monster last night

That 2nd and 3rd qtr he just extracted and chased down anything within 50m of the contest

Does anyone think he can beat the 20 tackle record in one game ?
    Well, he was up to eleven, with about five minutes to go until half time, so, sure. Which was really instrumental in turning the tide, after Carlton looked like they might overpower us early. And like most of the side, he seems to have improved his explosive pace, which in his case, helps him mow down opposition mids. Whereas with players like Heeney and Warner, that little bit of extra drive, helps them escape the clutches of their opponents.

I also think that Grundy was really important last night, in getting back control of the game. Second to Rowbottom in the tackle count, with plenty of pressure acts and topping the side for clearances.

In the past couple of seasons, there's been games where the opposition were dominant around the contests, for extended periods of time. I tend to think that Rowbottom and Grundy, are the main reasons why that isn't happening this year. Or if it is happening, it's only happening briefly.

Senior Player
    Terrific night out at the SCG. Haven't seen lines outside the members gates like that since finals vs Hawthorn in the 2012-2014 era.

I felt strangely calm and unconcerned after the first quarter: it felt like Carlton were showboating and the Swans just hadn't quite found their rhythm yet, it would come with a few adjustments. And so it came to pass!

So many good performances, just to highlight a few. Rowbottom the tackle machine, seems to find a new level every week. Warner - almost taking the mickey by the end, dancing around opponents, "you can't stop me!" Jordon continues to be a revelation for me. And Francis - he's not Tom McCartin, but he improved steadily as the game went on, didn't get phased by the early goals. I saw plenty of praise for his efforts from teammates and coach.

This team is in a special place at the moment, they really made the much-vaunted Blues look like nothing.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast