Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Match thread: Swans v Bulldogs.

Pathetic umpiring. Need to continue our strong 2nd halves and run over these mugs. Need a big lift in the middle and wouldn't mind Logan to have a bit of an impact...

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    How cute, the Auskickers have an indigenous guernsey too.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    What a joke that was NOT high!!!! And now they decide to pay the dissent rule! Cost us a goal the cheating umpire.
    Yes, I certainly would put umpire Mollison in the cheating category. Seen plenty of evidence over the years.

I really don't understand the AFL. They are just throwing money away. The Swans are the dominant team in the country's biggest city, yet still the AFL serves up crap commentary and crap umpiring towards us. The commentary is enough to turn off any casual supporter. The decline in excitement, interest and attitude when the Swans (or any interstate team) are on top is just ridiculous.

Imagine how much enthusiasm, money and interest the AFL could generate in this market if they showed the slightest bit of interest or put in the slightest bit of effort into it? The AFL attitude is simply stupid.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Pathetic umpiring. Need to continue our strong 2nd halves and run over these mugs. Need a big lift in the middle and wouldn't mind Logan to have a bit of an impact...
    Yeah, Logan goes missing too often. Time to lift son.

Veterans List
    Still fuming at that non high free paid. If another umpire can see that it wasn't high, is he allowed to overrule? I don't think I've ever seen that happen, but it should if they can see that incorrect decision was paid.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisi View Post
    I really don't understand the AFL. They are just throwing money away. The Swans are the dominant team in the country's biggest city, yet still the AFL serves up crap commentary and crap umpiring towards us. The commentary is enough to turn off any casual supporter. The decline in excitement, interest and attitude when the Swans (or any interstate team) are on top is just ridiculous.

Imagine how much enthusiasm, money and interest the AFL could generate in this market if they showed the slightest bit of interest or put in the slightest bit of effort into it? The AFL attitude is simply stupid.
    The AFL (and Seven's) attitude is as it's always been.....simply Victorian.

Logan has had a few quiet weeks, but I think that's to be expected of any young player. Errol has had a few quiet weeks too and is doing well tonight. I think we sometimes forget how young these players are. A bit of up and down in form is normal.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Still fuming at that non high free paid. If another umpire can see that it wasn't high, is he allowed to overrule? I don't think I've ever seen that happen, but it should if they can see that incorrect decision was paid.
    I was more irritated with the 50m penalty for dissent. They've allowed players to beseech umpires all year without paying dissent, and Chad wasn't aggressive with his protestations. I guess the Dogs might have kicked the goal even without the 50m penalty.

Veteran Site Admin
    I think we got away with one there. Dogs arguably deserved the win - down two players, ton more scoring shots, dodgy fifty metre penalty to McLean to seal the result. But good teams win games without playing at their best, and there's no denying Gulden's class all night and Warner's manic third quarter.

It may be a sign of Warner's growing maturity that he passed off the chance of his fifth goal to Adams.

Great to win. The third quarter is probably all I’ll re-watch. But seasons are built on getting through games like this. Plenty to improve but still bank 4 points.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Just LOVE beating the Poodles!!

Even better to do it on a Thursday night - we can sit back, relax and watch the rest of the round's games knowing we've banked another W!

GO YOU MIGHTY BLOODS!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast