Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Match thread: Swans v Bulldogs.

Is it just me, or does this site go down almost every game? Haha.

Great win! Could have done without the late fade, and now all the rubbish that's came from the dubious late 50 (they have short memories), but there's nothing sweeter than beating those mongrels!

And a shout out to the boys, including Logan, for answering my call to lift at half time! Haha

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I think we got away with one there. Dogs arguably deserved the win - down two players, ton more scoring shots, dodgy fifty metre penalty to McLean to seal the result. But good teams win games without playing at their best, and there's no denying Gulden's class all night and Warner's manic third quarter.

It may be a sign of Warner's growing maturity that he passed off the chance of his fifth goal to Adams.
    Yes, I concur, the Dogs were slicker for most of the night and they waltzed the ball out of defence easily with very little cover from the Swans.
    Horse was getting as mad as a bull there for awhile.
    Francis had Barry Crocker, it was the will to win from Chad, Errol, Heeney, Brody that got the job done.
    Hope there are no silly accidents whilst golfing, fishing, soccer or falling over objects over the next 17 days.

A remarkble start to 2024, its hugely enjoyable .

Random inane banter:

Doggies supporters are more preferable to be around at a match than say those of Bombers or Blues.

Umpiring horrible all round.

We play a very high risk/high return style of play, some of the stuff we attempted stopped my heart, may need to purchase a defibrillator before the Saints game.

I think we were lucky to win, they played well, notably given their fallen players.

Great that TBM Bobby Skilton met up with the team yesterday.

Melbourne based supporters turned up in truckloads tonight, great effort for a Thursday night.

Best start since 1936.

Veterans List
    Nice of the RWO site to return....anyone know what is going on here?

In the middle of a close game....slightly frustrating to say the least.

Anyway, great win by the team, we had some luck but hey, against these cheaters....supremely satisfying and apt.

Enjoyable weekend ahead.....have a good one everyone!

Warming the Bench redstarforever's Avatar
    yeah the sites been crashing heaps for me

Phew ! That was close.
    Great will by a few players to get us over the line. But bulldogs were great at stoppage and I wonder if Ed Richards was there we may have lost the game. I wonder if our boys mind drifted in the fourth quarter or it was just the way they played cause we were terrible in that one. Missed tackles and not covering the opposition well was absolutely a killer.
    Anyways it’s all done. Let’s hope we are well rested and go on another roll after the break.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Nice of the RWO site to return....anyone know what is going on here?

In the middle of a close game....slightly frustrating to say the least.

Anyway, great win by the team, we had some luck but hey, against these cheaters....supremely satisfying and apt.

Enjoyable weekend ahead.....have a good one everyone!
    Maybe RWO needs a Go Fund Me campaign, I understand its run on the fumes from an electric bicycle.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redstarforever View Post
    yeah the sites been crashing heaps for me
    Me too.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    We have to do something about Richards.
    Will a concussion suffice:

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I think we got away with one there. Dogs arguably deserved the win - down two players, ton more scoring shots, dodgy fifty metre penalty to McLean to seal the result. But good teams win games without playing at their best, and there's no denying Gulden's class all night and Warner's manic third quarter.

It may be a sign of Warner's growing maturity that he passed off the chance of his fifth goal to Adams.
    The footy gods may have been on our side tonight but if anyone associated with the Bulldogs has the audacity to complain about the 50m penalty to McLean, I'll scream!!

THE BAD
    This Website
    Kicking to our fwds was ordinary at times, Jones picked us off too often.
    Tackles not sticking was huge, ground looked slippery, players from both sides lost footing easily chasing a ball carrier.
    We lose a heap when Grundy isnt in the middle, maybe Amartey needs a cameo every now and then to give a different look, Mclean gets smashed, it takes too much away from his game

THE GOOD
    Warner was huge, Ollie and Blakey were great and I thought Hayward had huge impact everytime he went near it.
    Best ive seen Wicks attack it up the ground, had a few moments 1 on 1 and did well

Veterans List
    No team I like beating more than the Dogs, don't have a single redeeming feature. Created some carnage to them as well.

A scrappy win but gives the coaches a lot to work with in their review in a weeks time. This is the kind of win that top sides pull off.

Third quarter is worth a re watch. Chad is starting to hurt Heeney's Brownlow chances. Big shout out to our supporters who turned up in big numbers it seemed (on TV) Take the win, have a break, move on. It's a long way to end of September.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast