Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Round 11 - the other games

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I wouldn't mind if they suspended him for a couple of games and North actually won a game in his absence.
    North are only allowed to win a game if they beat another Top 4 team chasing us on the ladder (someone like Essendon or Port).
    I'm just going to head out now to the newsagent to buy a ticket in the Powerball thingy. I'm more likely to win that than North are
    of beating a Top 4 team.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    On FC last night the consensus was Clarkson would receive 5 weeks if found guilty, considering he's current 2 match suspended sentence hanging over his head & wrap sheet in this area.

There's no question he uttered those swear words, .the point is whether they were directed at the umpires sitting on the bench after an impiring decision last Saturday.
    He has been cleared.

From the AFL app:
    "Clarkson admitted during the AFL Integrity Unit's investigation that he had sworn loudly and used inappropriate language in response to an umpiring decision during the third quarter while standing near the umpires' and officials' bench.
    However after talking to match officials, the AFL was not satisfied Clarkson's outburst was directed towards a specific person or match official, and therefore found no breach of AFL rules."

The words he used were definitely directed at a person. I don't use the C word, but for what other context would he have said it? Yet again he has been let off.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    He has been cleared.

From the AFL app:
    "Clarkson admitted during the AFL Integrity Unit's investigation that he had sworn loudly and used inappropriate language in response to an umpiring decision during the third quarter while standing near the umpires' and officials' bench.
    However after talking to match officials, the AFL was not satisfied Clarkson's outburst was directed towards a specific person or match official, and therefore found no breach of AFL rules."

The words he used were definitely directed at a person. I don't use the C word, but for what other context would he have said it? Yet again he has been let off.
    Unbelievable! How many chances does this nasty little piece of work get??

Veterans List
    Just been announced on the footy telecast that Clarkson has been cleared and will face no sanction...but has said he will coach from the box for the remainder of the season to remove himself from such situations and he also apologised for his actions....which sounds like an admission of guilt and therefore begs the question....how TF did he get off???!!!

The AFL are truly pathetic.

PS: Oh, I now see it must have been announced earlier.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234