Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Umpires V Barry Hall

Originally posted by Bart
    Some interesting stats from the top 8 big fowards this season. (I have excluded Matera and Milne both currently in top 10 as small forwards)

I'm no statistician, but I see a pattern here.
    The pattern seems to show how @@@@@@@@ Barry has it and how good Lloyd has it.

I'd be interested to see how Lynch would have fared had he been playing. In his case you would probably have to add another catergory:

No. of frees from falling over in the goal square without being touched.
    "My theory is that the universe is made out of stupidity because it's more plentiful than hydrogen" - Frank Zappa

Veterans List
    The commentators said Hall was unlucky in the incident with Koops. They said he put his head down deliberately and when you duck into the play you cease to have the protection of the law.

Not so if you are a Bulldogs player. They certainly are the biggest staging side in the comp. Johnson for instance simply throws out his arms at the slightest contact, and usually gets the free.

On the Rookie List
    there seems to be an attitude from the umpires that as barry has a reputation for 'rough ' play , he can look after himself . they dont seemed interested in paying legitimate free kicks to 'reputation. players '.barry was hard done by on one or two occasions on saturday night v dogs in my opinion and this seemed to frustrate him. Unfotunately we always seem to get a rough deal when darren goldspink umpires our games. and this has been the case since the 96 gf

You know the Rugby League dont get many things right however if an Umpire (well Referee in League) gets it wrong constantly they get dropped to reserve grade or Jersey Flegg - I'm not sure if this is done in AFL.
    Goldstink is hanging out for his 300th match - hell that cant come soon enough and then he should be shown the gate and told to bugger off forever. (or is that being a bit harsh?)
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Originally posted by Wardy
    You know the Rugby League dont get many things right however if an Umpire (well Referee in League) gets it wrong constantly they get dropped to reserve grade or Jersey Flegg - I'm not sure if this is done in AFL.
    Goldstink is hanging out for his 300th match - hell that cant come soon enough and then he should be shown the gate and told to bugger off forever. (or is that being a bit harsh?)
    Not too harsh... hell, I'm in favour of introducing corporal punishment for this bastard.
    We hate Anthony Rocca
    We hate Shannon Grant too
    We hate scumbag Gaspar
    But Leo WE LOVE YOU!

Regular in the Side
    Originally posted by Charlie
    Not too harsh... hell, I'm in favour of introducing corporal punishment for this bastard.
    I would kill him if I thought I could get away with it!
    ---------||--ANNE--||----------

Originally posted by anne
    I would kill him if I thought I could get away with it!
    i have to keep telling myself to think good thoughts, think good thoughts. But that little devil on my shoulder just keeps telling me otherwise...

ROLLLLLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!! Glenn's Avatar
    Originally posted by dendol
    i have to keep telling myself to think good thoughts, think good thoughts. But that little devil on my shoulder just keeps telling me otherwise...
    In this case listen to the devil
    Premiers 09,18,33,05

"You Irish Twit", Quote attributed to a RWO member who shall remain nameless.

Originally posted by Wardy
    be good but when i saw fox footys white line fever the other day they were saying there is a shortage of umps in the afl... mclaren umpired 2 games in one week
    Theres not much left to say

ROLLLLLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!! Glenn's Avatar
    Originally posted by swansrule100
    be good but when i saw fox footys white line fever the other day they were saying there is a shortage of umps in the afl... mclaren umpired 2 games in one week
    Hmmm so there are no Umps in the VFL,QAFL,WAFL etc up to AFL standard
    Premiers 09,18,33,05

"You Irish Twit", Quote attributed to a RWO member who shall remain nameless.

Originally posted by swansrule100
    I find that very hard to believe - maybe a 2nd game as emergency ump at best, but to expect an umpire to officiate in 2 games in a single round is asking alot considering the amount of running they do during a game.

Are you sure it wasn't Saturday one round and Friday the next? That would be 2 games in one week!

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

im pretty sure they said that it was friday night then sunday of the same round...as they had former umpire derick humphry smith on the show.. but i mean if im wrong i apologise
    Theres not much left to say

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast