Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Swans Captaincy

Veterans List
    Ever get the feeling that there may be a few people looking over our shoulders?

What a year 2005 SSFC/CFC

Who and when?

Crouch or Kirk, Bolton.

Bolton may be a player who thrives with the responsibility, it's hard to pick. Form dropped off so dramatically this year has probably stalled his chances a little.

Well how many more years for Stewie do you think, one, two, three?
    Sports do not build character. They reveal it....Heywood Broun

I always turn to the sports pages first, which record people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures......Earl Warren

Regular in the Side
    If Maxi stays on for another season (at least) I would start by making the move of Tadgh to an on-baller and, if he proves himself, I see him as having the potential to be a great skipper...you already see him doing skipper-ish things in directing players

This is on the assumption that his decision to become an aussie citizen reflects a likelihood to stay for many years

I see him as a natural leader and on the ball I think he will become an inspirational player...kicking more goals on the run, gee-ing up players after a great piece of play etc...plus we might get the luck of the irish on the coin toss

I see it as him or Goodes, but for two reasons I am thinking not Goodesy

1. if he becomes a CHB he is going to have alot to do to just mark the oppositions key forwards...having to be captain as well may be too much

2. if he is an on-baller I wouldnt want being captain to stifle his ability to do the extraordinary. If you look at the really great captains they inspire/lead by doing the courageous rather than the superlative...not saying that the likes of Kells didnt sometimes do the freakish...but more often it was the absolute brave thing

a guy with the skills of goodes I think should always have a free rein to do what comes natural

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345