Thread: Dermie story on Swans

Senior Player

Dermie story on Swans

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/r...046223177.html

Some interesting anecdotes from Dermie of his year (or was it two) at the Swans.

Physiotherapy was a 40-minute drive away at Chatswood
    I used work up at Chats and get physio in the same place, hard to believe they had to drive up to Chats. for bloody physio!!!!

On the Rookie List

Interesting Dermie Fact

Dermie played more Grand Finals for Hawthorn than he did games for Sydney!! He was there for that one year (1994) He was suspended for 6 weeks for stepping on a Hawk's player's head in a PRACTICE match at the start of the year. He also got injured. I think he played six games.
    Seeing things in red and white is better than seeing things as black and white.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    And just think, Dermie arrived just as things were improving in '94.

Makes me appreciate the stoicism and loyalty of Bayes, Lewis & Co even more!

Blog Entries
    Rayden Tallis was the Hawks scone he trod on, and He won the Melbourne Game with an ugly helicopter kick.

Money for nothing Year for Dermie.

he got 7 for the head incident and then played 7 games and kicked 7 goals and he had another 7 week suspension for striking tony free i think??

did he ever play a game at the scg for us??

imagine tho if he had of been able to play at even 75% of his best and stay for 1995 with lockett and roos..... would of been good IMHO i always thought dermie was a great player
    Theres not much left to say

15 minutes to drive from The Brewongle to Randwick??

5 minutes more like it.

I used to live at Clovelly and it only took 15 minutes to get home ON MATCH DAY!

Maybe Dermie stopped to get his mullet trimmed on the way.
    "My theory is that the universe is made out of stupidity because it's more plentiful than hydrogen" - Frank Zappa

I think people are a little harsh on Dermie's year in Sydney

The few games he did play, he didn't play too badly - its just that the tribunal decided to crucify him for everything he'd ever done at Hawthorn - why they couldn't have done this why he was still at Hawthorn I'll never know

I think he still maintains to this day that he never stood on Tallis's head - and Tallis even said at the time there was no contact - but still - even 10 years down the track the tribunal decisions are just as mystifying

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Originally posted by Ert
    I think people are a little harsh on Dermie's year in Sydney

The few games he did play, he didn't play too badly - its just that the tribunal decided to crucify him for everything he'd ever done at Hawthorn - why they couldn't have done this why he was still at Hawthorn I'll never know
    Oh come on Danny, he was up here to more or less kick start his media career. He had several fingers in several pies at the time he was up here. And it showed in his pathetic efforts on the field.

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

he was good against melbourne in one game

he was a great player..

he was good with the pies in 1995 and sav rocca had his best year with dermie there i reckon if he had of had a chance to settle he could of been good
    Theres not much left to say