Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: September Here We Come!!!

On the Rookie List
    from what i remember last week against the kangaroos thats what we tried to do but we got absolutely raped by their tall forwards in the forward 50

its becoming a bit predictable i think

It's a very high risk strategy - a good side can potentially break open the defence if it is down there often enough and when that happens it's hard for the side to turn around and regain the momentum and go back to what they were doing to gain their lead earlier in the match. My view is that if you are doing something well in a game and it is working and generating a lead, you should try to keep on doing it (injuries and fitness permitting of course).
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

What a year 2005 SSFC/CFC
    Originally posted by NMWBloods
    Playing negative defensive football is a sure way to lose finals.

Anyway, we are in a good position to finish 6th now, if we're good enough.

By my reckoning that should give us a home game against one of the WA sides.
    Doesn't that mean a Sandgroper in Melbourne?
    Sports do not build character. They reveal it....Heywood Broun

I always turn to the sports pages first, which record people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures......Earl Warren

On the Rookie List
    I thought I was watching a Rodney Eade coached team in that last half - no forwards in our fifty.

I hope this is just a tactic to hide some deficiency in our side (probably because of poor fitness) and that Roos doesnt keep this up for the rest of his coaching career with us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12