Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Calling for brotherly love (Jarrad McVeigh article)

Senior Player
    Originally posted by Dpw
    who??
    ed clarke - the 92kg, 18 yo onballer running around for us in the ressies at the mo - 3rd round. disclaimer: have not seen him play, but the stats he achieved in the last game of the TAC cup are astounding. 11 clearances, 4 goals, 22 possessions or something similar. according to goaldenhawk, IIRC, has similar traits to a michael voss. oozes leadership. edit: it wasnt goaldenhawk as he didnt spend to much time on him as that type isnt a necessity at the hawks...

earl shaw - 198cm, 90 odd kg ruck/KPP currently running around in our ressies. also worth noting that i havent seen him, but he is quite rated. 2nd round pick. noted in the ainslie ressies report as one of the best. can anyone elaborate on that FWIW???

both NSW boys

any further info on either of these players would be highly appreciated from the ressie regulars!

ps edit, reaction to ugg's post: i dunno!
    Last edited by penga; 22nd August 2004 at 02:46 AM.
    C'mon Chels!

Senior Player
    He's probably had his best ever year which of course will make his value increase.
    But he's probably not what we need right now. Yesterday's first quarter is as good as incidication of that as any.

Veteran Site Admin
    Shaw will probably go in the main draft because he's a ruckmen and they are usually in reasonably high demand.

Clarke is much harder to pick because he has such an unusual body shape for an AFL footballer. Possible that he could slip through to the rookie draft.

Both have showed promise in the reserves this year.

The Fourth Captain Schneiderman's Avatar
    Mark was easily Essendons best player yesterday.

I for one certainlyhope we pick him up. He will turn out to be another Williams. He may even be worth a Fosdike or Ablett depending on how far Essendon pushes us.

We need his skills and experience. I reckon his poor year last year was courtesy of Jarrad being missed by Essendon, and Mark starting to develop some homesickness. Certainly this year (his last on contract) appears to be of similar fashion to BBBH when he lifted his intensity towards the end of the year with the Saints, to confirm his value to the Swans.

Originally posted by Schneiderman
    Mark was easily Essendons best player yesterday.

If not their fastest.
    "My theory is that the universe is made out of stupidity because it's more plentiful than hydrogen" - Frank Zappa

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123